Originally Posted by IO3
I'll be getting a new M8 soon, so naturally, I'm looking for a case.
I've read a ton of scattered information (even the 2014 case list thread isn't really organized), but the selection is completely overwhelming, and I couldn't find many recommendations that didn't lack some important details.
So here are a few questions to those of you using a case with the One M8:
1. Which case are you using? how much did you pay for it?
2. How long have you been using it?
3. How many times have you dropped the phone while using the case? was the phone damaged, cosmetically or functionally (details please)?
4. Has the case scratched or scuffed the body of the phone even without dropping it? how often do you take the phone out of the case?
5. How is the grip? is the case slippery? is it easy to hold?
6. How does the case look now? did it lose its shape or color?
7. Overall, are you happy with the case? do you have anything else to say about it?
8. Have you tried other cases which you do not recommend? if so, which and why?
If you are NOT using a case, answers to the relevant questions would also be appreciated.
TL;DR Please take the time to answer the questions above, as I'm sure it will be helpful to others too.
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
1. Using the supcase hybrid. Got it from Amazon for 14.99
2. I've had this case for about 3 weeks.
3. I my phones been dropped about 4+ times with THIS case.
4. The case looks very good still, it's very tight around the phone, there are no scratches or dents and the clear backing has a bit of scuff marks but nothing
ever noticeable/bothersome. I've taken the phone out more than a few times, it can be challenging because the case is sturdy, but easy to put in.
5. This case is not slippery. It has good grip, I can't really explain how it feels but it's a hard sturdy lightweight case.
6. It has maintained shape and color.
7. I'm definitely happy with this case, I see why this brand get a lot of positive reviews. It definitely will make me want to try more of their products
8. I've had the HTC dot view case which I bought from Amazon and recently returned because I wasn't aware that the flip case wouldn't close properly with my Invisible shield tempered glass screen protector... I also didnt like the top and bottom portion of my phone being exposed. I now have everyday scuff marks on the top which I was trying to avoid, and I only used the case for a few days.
I also recommend the seidio dilex/ best buy platinum series case with kickstand and holster, it's a good case that's soft touch and has as good grip(supcase still had more grip though). But it suffers more from dents and scratches from falling.