No power on after display replacement

Search This thread

BernddasTost

Dec 14, 2011
Germany
Hi all.
I got my M8's display broken and tried to fix it on my own, because my trusted service didnt.

After reassembling the Phone with the new display it didnt power on. Plugging the recharger turns the display on and the screen shows an empty battery logo with a lightning flash inside, but no green beam inside. The orange LED keeps flashing, not glowing.
Holding power/vol-up/down buttons make the display and LED turn off and on again. Shortly before the display turns off, the orange LED starts flashing green once for an instant.

Mounting my old broken display afterwards (which is wasted now) made my phone boot again once.

I'm not sure if this is conflicted to the battery, as I found the same synonyms according to a total discharge. When disassembling the phone I might have damaged the battery slightly.

Is there a way to functional check the battery?
I connected a resistor and a LED to the galaxy s5's batteries contacts and it illuminated, while the M8's battery is built completely different.

My MO was:
Firstly I disassembled my phone according to this video (its german).
After taking out the battery, I complete disassembled the front case, including camera/sim/sd card-unit etc. (the video didnt show disassembling that unit).

I bought a new front case unit including display, digitizer etc.
So I mounted all units on the new front case.

I'd be really encouraged! Thanks for help.

EDIT
I replaced the battery and the display once more. It works fine now.

Last edited: