Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 51,739 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Charging Cable That Doesn't Suck?

Tip us?

thefoss
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default Charging Cable That Doesn't Suck?

Or rather, one that actually STICKS? I've used the HTC cable, Amazon's brand, Monoprice, ect. Can anybody recommend a brand that will actually stay in place consistently? Even with a bumper case on? Sick of he damn power cable falling out as soon as I pick up my device.

jwsm
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Maybe the problem is not in the cables, but rather in the port itself.

otariq
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Yeah I have zero issues with any of the cables especially the HTC one. One problem I do have is with the headphone jack. All my headphones seem to come out easily but maybe that's just because the port is on the bottom

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Keithn
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Mine stays in place fine with the htc cord. Is your case getting in the way of the plug?

jmcamz2899
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Check out dollar tree. Picked up one for $1 for the hell of it , was kinda shocked that it worked.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

2k4mach
Old
Thanks Meter 194
im using a bestbuy rocketfish lighted usb cable in my car and it stays plugged in great, during a couple stops and turns the phone has gone flying and it stays plugged in lol.
Phones: Sprint HTC One (m8), 32gb Iphone 5S, 64gb Iphone5
Tablets: nexus7, Ipad air

Teo032
Old
Thanks Meter 589
Don't use the Samsung ones, they seem to fall off easier than all you mentioned. One that really sticks for me is the wire i got from my sony xperia. If you have the chance maybe stop by a Sony store and try them out. Although I'm not sure if you can buy them separately

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
my ex-ladies
Nokia 3310 > Samsung D415 > Samsung D600 > iPhone 2g > iPhone 3g > iPhone 3gs > Mytouch 4g > Mytouch 4g Slide > HTC Amaze > Galaxy S2 Hercules > d2tmo.

yuppicide
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I have no problems at all with the HTC adapter except for when I try to use it at it's maximum length. Where the wall adapter is and my bed it jusssst reaches. So if I am charging and want to play a quick game or surf the web at 1AM, the cord is at it's maximum length with my arm extended out a bit.. so any slight movement yanks it out of the wall or the phone, but that's entirely my fault.

Thinkfreshdell
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I would recommend taking your device to the store and getting your charging port looked at. Also try taking your case off and try just handling the phone while charging, as mentioned above maybe its the case that's getting in the way of the cable.

ripper4209
Old
Thanks Meter 20
It's rather tight in and out of my port. Almost to tight. I have to use a good amount of force to insert and remove.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk