FORUMS

Aluminum case?

86 posts
Thanks Meter: 12
 
By eric150, Member on 16th June 2014, 05:44 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Luxury-Motom...item25903a95fd

Will this case make my signal weaker and make the battery drain faster?
I really like the look of the case but this is my main concern


Thanks!
 
 
16th June 2014, 06:29 PM |#2  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,102
 
More
It looks like from the photos, that the black plastic on the case is over the plastic strips where the antenna are located on the M8. If true, I would think it would have minimal or no effect on signal.

The brushed metal looks nice, and the colors are cool. But the shape reminds me of the nearly ubiquitous iPhone cases.
17th June 2014, 12:03 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Thanks
I'm hesitant to get it because the front isn't protected , but I have a tempered glass protector. I don't know if that's enough protection
17th June 2014, 12:56 AM |#4  
mikey2487's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric150

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Luxury-Motom...item25903a95fd

Will this case make my signal weaker and make the battery drain faster?
I really like the look of the case but this is my main concern


Thanks!

i think it looks like a really cool case. if you end up getting it please report back with feedback!
17th June 2014, 02:07 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey2487

i think it looks like a really cool case. if you end up getting it please report back with feedback!

I think I'll get it , it will take 2 weeks though
I'm not sure which color to get.
17th June 2014, 06:50 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Weak signal.
17th June 2014, 07:39 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evrycard

Weak signal.

Even if the aluminum is on the outside of the best plastic shell?
17th June 2014, 07:47 PM |#8  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,102
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evrycard

Weak signal.

No explanation or evidence given. Just an opinion or guess?

Anyway, what is the harm in checking it out? It costs $4 and looks cool.
17th June 2014, 07:56 PM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

No explanation or evidence given. Just an opinion or guess?

Anyway, what is the harm in checking it out? It costs $4 and looks cool.

I'm going to order it, just undecided on color still
17th June 2014, 09:52 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Boynton Beach
Thanks Meter: 500
 
More
Any protection on the inside? Metal on metal will produce some serious scratches....
17th June 2014, 10:29 PM |#11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevessvt

Any protection on the inside? Metal on metal will produce some serious scratches....

Doesn't appear to be, it doesn't wrap around the edge

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes