ICE M8 8.2.2 Stable | *Sense 8 | November 3rd | 6.12.401.4 | Tweaks | Nightlies

Search This thread

davidebeatrice

Jun 28, 2007
I have a problem with nav bar. With r92 I first selected 42 nav and I have sometimes overlapping with some functions like copy delete in HTC mail. I tried by flashing again the rom with standard dimension nav bar but the issue is still there...

baadnewz

Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Bucharest
insertcoin-roms.org
I have a problem with nav bar. With r92 I first selected 42 nav and I have sometimes overlapping with some functions like copy delete in HTC mail. I tried by flashing again the rom with standard dimension nav bar but the issue is still there...

the problem with navbar and htc mail is generated by Colorful Navbar tweak. Turn it off and mail will be ok

There is a new HTC services update in the Play Store. Once again, I am assuming it may break something so I haven't installed it. Any recon on it? It is called HTC Service Pack and it is version 1.02.527017.

you can update it from play store. nothing will break

Reactions: davidebeatrice

oebanez

Aug 1, 2013
Still having issue in some app's action bar i choose small font 36 cause if i choose default font 48 i can't see the app's action bar and i didnt turn on colorful navbar tweak, please see attachment below. TIA

Edit, solve the problem, i turn on then turn off the colorful navbar tweak and reboot.

Attachments

• 1429624104214.jpg
    1429624104214.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 562
  • 1429624100757.jpg
    1429624100757.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:

jollywhitefoot

Jul 21, 2014
Nashville
Kontrol - Sense tab

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Awesome job, man. This rom is nearly perfection for me.

A couple of minor issues I've found in r93...
- vibrate on touch doesn't seem to be working
- still no dice on mail.apk checking for exchange security...I know I keep bringing this up, but this isn't an issue I necessarily care about, I'm only reporting it as a possible "issue"

baadnewz

Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Bucharest
insertcoin-roms.org
Awesome job, man. This rom is nearly perfection for me.

A couple of minor issues I've found in r93...
- vibrate on touch doesn't seem to be working
- still no dice on mail.apk checking for exchange security...I know I keep bringing this up, but this isn't an issue I necessarily care about, I'm only reporting it as a possible "issue"

the mail apk is as stock as it gets, i just extracted it from m9 ruu . so i have no clue

vibration seems to be working for me. when or how did it stopped working

omar302

Feb 15, 2006
Doha
HTC 10
OnePlus 7 Pro
@baadnewz,

The nav bar color in the dialer screen (during a call) is still black. Although in the people app the nav bar changes color just fine. Note that I do have the Nav hight 36 tweak applied.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

[/COLOR @baadnewz,

The nav bar color in the dialer screen (during a call) is still black. Although in the people app the nav bar changes color just fine. Note that I do have the Nav hight 36 tweak applied.

baadnewz

Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Bucharest
insertcoin-roms.org
@baadnewz,

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

[/COLOR @baadnewz,

well don't expect it to be flawless.

Reactions: *.jpg and omar302

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Is there a HK or can someone please point me in the right direction to a HK audio mod that I can install on the current version of this rom ? 7.1.3 :)

jollywhitefoot

Jul 21, 2014
Nashville
the mail apk is as stock as it gets, i just extracted it from m9 ruu . so i have no clue

vibration seems to be working for me. when or how did it stopped working

Oh my goodness...I feel so dumb. Power save was on and I didn't think to check that.

well don't expect it to be flawless.

I can't speak for anyone else here, but I really appreciate the product that you develop and maintain for us...free of charge by the way. So I definitely don't have any expectations of flawlessness. Any issues that I post are either to ask if anyone else is experiencing the same thing as me, or to simply inform you of issues that I experience so that you can fix them if you want but I definitely don't "expect" fixes.

ThePhoneGeek

May 13, 2012
An Undisclosed Location
@baadnewz Flashed the nightly from last night (v92) and did the full wipe this time. In aroma I selected the 36pix nav bar option and notice that when when using BBM it looks like this below. I'll try going back to the stock nav bar but I had previously flashed this option from kontrol (i think) and didn't have this issue (v76 I believe).

EDIT: Downloaded the mod in IC Market and loaded to go back to full size, that didn't work so I uninstalled and re-installed the app which didn't work either. I went back to the mod in IC Market and reflashed that and went back to the small nav bar. None of which seems to work.

Another app is displaying the same behavior, Bank of America specifically.

Last edited:
Reactions: kirbyb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

wip.png

comedarkside.png

requirements.png

Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Unlocked Phone @ HTCDEV or S-OFF
    * Custom Recovery
    * Common Sense, Brains and logic
    */

agreement.png

By downloading and flashing InsertCoin Custom ROM for HTC ONE M8 you agree to the following:
    • Your warranty is now void.
    • We are NOT responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    • Support is limited. We do this as a hobby in our free time. We'll do our best to help you if you state your problem in clear English, with as much information as you can (what mods you selected, have you wiped, when exactly does the error occur, what type of phone you have (ul, l , ws etc.), what carrier, logcat and so on. The more information you offer, easier for us to help you. If you do not ask for support in clear English and with no information what-so-ever we will ignore your issue!
    • Leave the self entitled customer attitude at the door. We are under NO obligation what-so-ever to do anything for you. If we do it is because we like helping people. Using custom work published on XDA is not a right, it is a privilege. If you think otherwise please read here. Or watch this video.
    • NO Requests! When we work on InsertCoin we have in mind that we have to satisfy all users to a decent level. What works for us might not work for you and vice versa . We are not your personal ROM developers and it is not our job nor our intention to make everybody happy.
    • Do not come here asking "Hey mate, X rom has that awesome feature and if you don't implement it in your rom, I'll <insert whatever here>!" You flashed this ROM because you liked it at some point, if that change please stop using it.
    • Suggestions for improvements are always welcomed. As long as they are well documented and as long as you understand that NOT everything is possible.
    • NO ETAs! While we do our best to constantly work on the ROM to improve, *fix and add new features, again this is a hobby! There are periods when due real-life issues we can't spend too much time for InsertCoin! If this becomes an obligation passion fades and we might stop cooking the ROM

sharing.png

• You must ask our express permission!
    • You are NOT allowed to use any part of the tweaks files, scripts or proprietary ICE code
    • If you get the permission when you use the files you MUST post proper link to this thread and mention
    • Not respecting this simple rules will lead to reporting to XDA Administrators.

features.png

ROM Base features:
    • HTC Latest European Base: 6.12.401.4
    • Android 6.0 with up-patches from 6.0.1
    • HTC Sense 8 UI [Partially PORTED]
    • All languages enabled (FULL WWE)
    • Rooted with the latest SuperSU 2.72 thanks to @Chainfire
    • ForceEncrypt enabled
    • De-odexed
    • BusyBox, SQlite3, Bash & Nano shell
    • init.d & su.d support
    • sysro / sysrw binaries
    • Persistent ADB enabled
    • Ramdisk improvements
    • Battery life, performance and memory improvements
    • Disabled logging & removed bloatware
    • Stripped debugging info for improved performance
    • Optimized with latest SDK for improved performance
    • Trimmed partitions for improved performance
    • Zipaligned apps for improved performance
    • Advanced Power Menu - Reboot, Recovery, Bootloader & Safe Mode
    • Ambient display / Doze Support
    • Improved battery statistics > settings power
    • SystemUI Tuner - long press settings icon in pull down to enable
    • Fast fixes / updates
      [*]ICE Configurator

iceconfigurator.png

Options are subject to change between app versions and ROM versions
    UI Tweaks
    • Sense Launcher Landscape Support
    • Infinite Apps in Folders
    • Allow All Rotations
    • Enable APM (Advanced Power Menu)
    • China Sense Recent App Style (has RAM usage monitor and kill-all button
    • China Sense Launcher (Alternative Launcher without app-drawer)
    StatusBar
    • Right Cornet for quick QS pull down
    • Traffic Indicator
    • Traffic Indicator Color
    • MIUI Battery MOD
    • Disable NFC Notification
    • Disable USB Debugging Notification
    • Disable Power Saving Notification
    • Disable Android Sync Notification
    • Disable MTP Notification
    • Disable Heads Up Notification
    • Blink LED on notification while charging
    • AM/PM Clock styles
    • Battery Mods
    Buttons
    • Sweep2Sleep
    • Navigation Bar Size
    • Recent app soft button behavior
    • Volume Rockers behavior
    • Long press back button to kill foreground app
    • Dynamic Navigation Bar Color
    • Double Tap Status Bar to put the device into sleep
    • Control keyboard cursor with volume keys
    • Enable flashlight on long press power button
    Power
    • NFC Modes
    • HTC Power Manager
    • Haptic feedback duration
    • Ambient Display Settings
    Networks
    • Increase Caller Contact Picture
    • Hide Photo Mask for low-res pictures
    • 4G / LTE Notification Switch
    • Auto Record Incoming Calls
    • Disable SMS to MMS Converstion
    • Toggle Fast Dormancy
    Misc
    • MM Game
    • Toggle Boot Audio
    • Default USB Mode
    • Enhanced MM Permissions
    • Default app install location
    Advanced
    • Install as system app
    • Fix Permissions
    • ZipAlign apks
    • Mount System RW / RO
    • Trim Partitions
    • Wipe Dalvik
    • Wipe Cache

ICE v8.2.0 21st October
    • Enable locking of long press power when device locked @LeeDroid
    • Enable locking of QS Pulldown when device is locked @LeeDroid
    • Removed delay and dialog when rebooting to recovery @LeeDroid
    • Removed delay in power button long press @LeeDroid
    • Enable Brightness Twilight mode (Adjusts gamma based on time of day) @LeeDroid
    • Removed delay and dialog when rebooting to recovery @LeeDroid
    • Removed delay in power button long press @LeeDroid
    • A selection of ART optimizations
    • Thanks @smeejaytee
    • HTC A9 Dex2Oat binary
    • add option root PHH SuperUser and Magisk and not rooted
    • ICEConfigurator v3.5.3 with InAppBilling
    • changed kernel to stock one

donations.png

social.png

thanks.png

mikrosmile, V6-Maniac, flar2, LeeDroid, lyapota, j to the 4n, Turge, show-p1984 , ivicask, omniw0lf, snq-, deagleone, shnizlon, topjohnwu, jcase, Captain_Throwback

XDA:DevDB Information
    insertcoin m8, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    baadnewz
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 6.12.401.4
    Based On: HTC Sense Base

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 8.2.2
    Stable Release Date: 2016-11-03

Created 2014-04-03
    Last Updated 2016-11-03
    Reserved

InsertCoin Original applications
    ic_all_features.png

InsertCoin Kontrol
    Home:
    Team Lead developers:
    • mikrosmile
    • baadnewz
    • V6-Maniac
    • xXminiWHOOPERxX

Team developers:
    • Try4Ce
    • trjlive

PerApp color:
    • Change sll Sense theme colors on the go for most apps

Extreme launcher remap
    • Remap EPSL app shortcuts for your favorite apps

SystemUI
    • Recent app style - AOSP/Sense
    • Statusbar clock style - Right/Center/Hidden
    • Disable Battery icon
    • Volume icon
    • Enable traffic monitor icon
    • Disable BT icon
    • Alarm icon
    • IME switch icon
    • Headphone icon
    • BoomSound/HK icon
    • Show 4G instead of LTE
    • Hide NFC icon
    • Disable Sync notification
    • Power saving notification
    • MTP notification
    • USB notification
    • Enable Horizontal quick settings (only 5 tiles)
    • Enable CPU usage in Extended dropdown panel

Sense:
    • Enable Sense landscape support
    • Enable all rotations
    • Big picture in BlinkFeed
    • Disable navigation bar

Buttons:
    • Longpress back button kill active app action
    • Recent app button remap - Short press Menu/Long press Recent apps; Shortpress Recent apps/Longpress Menu
    • Media volume keys remap
    • Motion launch gestures remap - Various actions, custom app launch, disable each gesture separately

Various:
    • Enable AOSP lockscreen
    • Lockscreen left/right unlock action remap
    • Enable CRT animation
    • Turn on display when SMS is received
    • Auto brightness algoritm
    • Screen dpi
    • Disable noise suppression
    • Disable SMS to MMS conversion
    • Enable Bytecode verification
    • Change Low memory killer values
    • Enable Fast dormancy
    • Perform quick System optimization, SQL opmiziation, zipalign apps. Hyperdrive mode
    • Disable safe volume warning
    • Enable/Disable BoomSound/HK support

InsertCoin Market
    The Market allows you to read latest news about InsertCoin ROM Development, some big changes in the Team and overall development proccess.
    Also it is the place where you can browse/donwload various System modifications, Icon packs, Bootanimation and many more to make your look unique with your desired preferences and likes​

InsertCoin Zip Flasher
    The Zip flasher is a tool to easily flash multiple or single zip file at once. Browse all Files/Folders on your phone, add each file to list and after you finish with adding, hit Install all button, you will be rebooted to recovery and all the files you have choosen, will be installe automatically. After the queue is done, your phone will reboot back.​

Donations / Piggy Banks / Extra MoDs / Zips

HOW TO REPORT A BUG / ERROR

While the ROM and mods are tested and most of the time is user side error, WE can't test / replicate all the conditions in the wild. So if you do encounter a bug you need to post the information in CLEAR ENGLISH (not lolcat English, not Google Translate English, if that's too hard for you then try posting it in Romanian / Russian / Dutch, if neither or the four work for you stop there.!)

The more information you offer the easier for us to fix and make everybody happy. We need most importantly a LOGCAT for your issue.
    There are thousands of tutorials about how to get a logcat. Check this or this or aLogcat from Google Play . I'm pretty sure if you search more tutorials will pop up.

Besides logcat we need to know what version of ROM, what device variant you have, what you selected during AROMA install (this one allows you to save an install log, that will also help), what market mods you have installed, and explanation how to reproduce the error .

IF YOU CAN NOT DO THE ABOVE WE WILL IGNORE YOUR ISSUE

Users Signatures

sixthsense-signature-sense7.png

ic-signature-user.png

credits @Try4Ce for both user banner and thread banner​
    Sense 6 + Lollipop

So a little more info about lollipop IC

I started working on it (well looking through it mostly) and.

1. a lot of stuff changed so will take a while to get all done and more importantly not all tweaks from KK can be ported / make sense on new L
    2. for the time being I'm working alone on it. mikro and V6 are busy with real life for now. so again time..
    3 I'm having a pretty full plate myself also, between work and family i have to find time for rom as well
    4. IC is made over WWE base not DEV, WWE isn't out yet, but the difference between dev and wwe are minimum so I can work with current release to save time until WWE is out and then update to it
    5. Probably pretty soon Sense 7 from m9 will be leaked / or m9 released and i'm pretty sure some fans here would like to see it running on their m8 before HTC updates it, so I'll have to dose the time and effort put into this rebase
    6. Hopefully by Friday evening you'll be able to test a Release Candidate but this is not a promise :)

Thanks, for taking the time to read this
    If all goes well we should have sense 7 by end of the week with tweaks and everything

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app