Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Audio [MOD][10/28] - Harman / Kardon Sound Mod v7 BETA! / All M8's - ADSP v54.2.2

OP scrosler

Yesterday, 02:01 PM   |  #2151  
Thanks Meter: 1,102

2,686 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakyghost

I'd dirty flash the ROM and start over. This one has a few changes that would mean some previous stuff wouldn't be undone.

[EDIT]
If i don't see reports from stock VZW and stock Sprint by Saturday night, i am going to call this switcher perfect and i will add it to the Venom HUB. Its verified working for all 3 ViperOneM8 variants now, both 3.1.0 and the upcoming 3.2.0 and i am not gonna bother with anyone else anymore (Massive thanks to my ViperOneM8 Beta crew!).

I kept asking for reports here in the development section. I made this a public Beta for a reason.
This stuff cannot be done without a phone to test on. I only own a GSM M8. So i need others to test this on CDMA or whatever. If you guys don't get back with reports, it means it either works, or you don't give a damn. Either way, it means no further work is needed.

Most complications only arose because Guich and me added carrier stuff. If we drop this carrier support, everything is dead easy and everything works. Updating the switcher is a matter of half an hour max. I can easily do that for ViperOne. But without serious reporting for the others, i cannot, and am not willing to, do this.

So, drop me some reports or say goodbye to the Switcher, Verizon and Sprint.

Hi there , Just test the Beta 3 HK switcher using CPTB Beyond Stock Rom and I can confirm that it works flawlessly.

First attempt I picked BoomSound and install adsp and it successfully installed the V46.xXxX adsp and BoomSound was in settings working

Second attempt I picked HK and installed adsp
And it also successfully installed the V54.xxxxx adsp and HK was in settings.

Great job Sneaky

Edit: is there any other specific things you want tested other than it switching the effects
The Following User Says Thank You to dandan2980 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 02:03 PM   |  #2152  
Flag InMyHead
Thanks Meter: 7,951

5,953 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheateR92

(Verizon) I am running CleanROM + BeyondStock kernel, if I can help I will be glad to.
BTW I feel like beta3 has some disorientations more than beta2 but the bass if feeling way better.

"If you can help"? Didn't I write what help I need? Yes you can and Saturday is still young, still a chance to prove it working or not for Verizon.
Please flash both BoomSound and Harman Kardon, each time not only check all audio types, but also see if the settings entries are correct.

I suspect Verizon settings to be wrong, might need to change that to some other solution. But need that verified first.

mobile post

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandan2980

Hi there , Just test the Beta 3 HK switcher using CPTB Beyond Stock Rom and I can confirm that it works flawlessly.

First attempt I picked BoomSound and install adsp and it successfully installed the V46.xXxX adsp and BoomSound was in settings working

Second attempt I picked HK and installed adsp
And it also successfully installed the V54.xxxxx adsp and HK was in settings.

Great job Sneaky

Awesome. Thanks dude. Sprint stays on board.

mobile post
The Following User Says Thank You to Sneakyghost For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 03:19 PM   |  #2153  
Thanks Meter: 72

426 posts
I too confirm working on Sprint! @Sneakyghost, quick question....I normally use @Captain_Throwback BeyondStock h/k mod...do you guys use the same audio files or is there a difference? They both sound great, I was just curious.
Great job on this mod!
Yesterday, 04:22 PM   |  #2154  
Ruse
Thanks Meter: 19

129 posts
More
Quote:

"If you can help"? Didn't I write what help I need? Yes you can and Saturday is still young, still a chance to prove it working or not for Verizon.
Please flash both BoomSound and Harman Kardon, each time not only check all audio types, but also see if the settings entries are correct.

I suspect Verizon settings to be wrong, might need to change that to some other solution. But need that verified first.

mobile post

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Awesome. Thanks dude. Sprint stays on board.

mobile post

Ok I tested beta3 and here is what I get.
I was with HK switched back to BS and everything that I have on phone (mp3,flac) worked fine, but when I went back to HK selecting stock verizon I have the option in settings but not working at all, no icon at statusbar, no sound chances on/off. I decided (maybe did the same before) to select GSM/Viper in AROMA and HK is working now again.

Flashed V6 to compare and just to let people know, I believe that is not important for V7.
V6->BS->V7 is not working
The Following User Says Thank You to CheateR92 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 04:39 PM   |  #2155  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 121

340 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheateR92

Ok I tested beta3 and here is what I get.
I was with HK switched back to BS and everything that I have on phone (mp3,flac) worked fine, but when I went back to HK selecting stock verizon I have the option in settings but not working at all, no icon at statusbar, no sound chances on/off. I decided (maybe did the same before) to select GSM/Viper in AROMA and HK is working now again.

Flashed V6 to compare and just to let people know, I believe that is not important for V7.
V6->BS->V7 is not working

Edit: wrong reply, I misunderstood.
Last edited by tommy0411; Yesterday at 04:42 PM.
Yesterday, 04:41 PM   |  #2156  
Ruse
Thanks Meter: 19

129 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy0411

What's your rom and carrier?

CleanROM 3.0 Verizon, using international sim.
Yesterday, 07:34 PM   |  #2157  
Flag kent
Thanks Meter: 532

2,360 posts
More
Quote:

What a load of bull crap. There are no changes to the files relevant to sound, only script changes and settings.apk doesn't get swapped out. Two or three files received an update from the patch 9 on BoomSound, which doesn't affect Harman/Kardon at all.

This thread is full of hallucinating people.

mobile post

I don't understand why you have to be rude when I pay you a compliment but I wasn't the only person that said the bass is different and sounds better, I don't see how it could be placebo though the bass feels much stronger imo.
Yesterday, 08:48 PM   |  #2158  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 121

340 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeejaytee

I don't understand why you have to be rude when I pay you a compliment but I wasn't the only person that said the bass is different and sounds better, I don't see how it could be placebo though the bass feels much stronger imo.

Ease, don't take it too seriously.
Thanks for your information.

#ViperOneM8
The Following User Says Thank You to tommy0411 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 10:06 PM   |  #2159  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 1,254

1,191 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This thread is full of hallucinating people.

Post of the week! Deserves a re-post!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donmarkoni For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread