[ROM][KERNEL] MadTwatters AOKP

OP MadTwatter.

31st August 2014, 05:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Guest
Thanks Meter: 4

0 posts
RULES
1. Read the OP fully.
2. For bug reports, I need a log to assess the issue. Capture a log while replicating the issue.
3. Do not ask ETA's on updates; you will be ignored.
4. Use the "search this thread" feature to make sure your question wasn't already answered by using key words.
5. Only ask a question about this project. Any questions about another ROM or project will be disregarded.
6. If you dont like my ROM then too bad.
7. You want 100% untouched/unmodified AOSP. This isn't the ROM for you.
8. AOKP is open source. so you can always build it yourself.

Instructions:
Download ROM .zip file
Download KitKat GApps
Download latest SuperSU flashable (Optional)
Reboot to Recovery
Flash ROM, GApps, SuperSU .zip files
Clear Dalvik/Cache
Reboot and Enjoy
If you want to run art thats fine but use at YOUR OWN RISK as i currently do not support it.

DOWNLOADS

ROM: Mod Edit: Link Removed
GAPPS: HERE
SuperSU: HERE

Also a quick shoutout to xboxfanj for letting me use his kernel. Thanks bro

XDA:DevDB Information
One M8, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
MadTwatter, xboxfanj
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOKP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 8.29.2014
Stable Release Date: 2014-08-29

Created 2014-08-31
Last Updated 2014-09-03
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MadTwatter. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,201

2,739 posts
Thread closed pending further information and understanding of duplicated thread.

Thread reopened to allow OP to add sources, credits and add more detail regarding the "essence" of this ROM...
Last edited by LenAsh; 1st September 2014 at 05:48 PM.
1st September 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Guest
Thanks Meter: 4

0 posts
It's mostly kernel optimization with a little bit of rom tweaking to make it smoother, when I get time I will sit down and go over the commits that I think are worth telling people about if that makes you feel more comfortable sir.

Sent From The Tardis
2nd September 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #4  
Forum Moderator
Flag Tampa-ish, FL
Thanks Meter: 6,004

5,407 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTwatter

It's mostly kernel optimization with a little bit of rom tweaking to make it smoother, when I get time I will sit down and go over the commits that I think are worth telling people about if that makes you feel more comfortable sir.

Sent From The Tardis

This thread started out rather poorly and has been cleaned. I'm going to leave the thread open for now so that the OP can update the first post as @LenAsh requested and so that members can help with testing and troubleshooting. I am subscribing to this thread to encourage members to be on their best behavior. Instead of arguing in a thread and posting PMs publicly in a thread, please report the offending posts / PM and let a moderator handle it.

To the OP:

First off, welcome to XDA. We are glad you decided to post a ROM here. A few things:

You are required to post the following. If you do not within the next few days, I will need to close the thread and remove the download links:
1. Kernel source: You mention "kernel optimizations" so you need to upload your source code to Github. If you used a kernel without any changes, then please link to the thread of that kernel.
2. Credits: Link to AOKP at least to give them credit for the base. Also credit for any tweaks you found here that you included.

Suggested things to post. Although these are not required, most threads have them and members expect them so they know what they are flashing (I personally wouldn't flash a ROM without these).:
1. Feature list: what this ROM has that makes it special. You made changes that you liked - what were they?
2. Screenshots
3. Changelog: when you have one since this is the initial release

For more help on what's expected for ROM OPs, please look at these guidelines.

I don't want to close the thread. In fact, I like to encourage people to develop on here. So, please at least post kernel source and credits to keep the thread open. The other stuff is gravy and can be done as you get time or your thread maintainer you mentioned gets to it.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to coal686 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #5  
Philly, PA
Thanks Meter: 165

983 posts
Hope the OP is adjusted according to XDA rules. i'm going to kick things off by flashing and testing this ROM. i'll check for any kind of malware/spyware (crash-test-dummy). Keep your fingers crossed.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chuckd610 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #6  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 310

1,426 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckd610

Hope the OP is adjusted according to XDA rules. i'm going to kick things off by flashing and testing this ROM. i'll check for any kind of malware/spyware (crash-test-dummy). Keep your fingers crossed.

I wouldn't be holding my breath on the OP providing the info requested by @coal686. I see he's been active around the place, but this mustn't be a priority.
Out of interest, did you flash the ROM, and if you did, how did it go?
4th September 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #7  
Forum Moderator
Flag Tampa-ish, FL
Thanks Meter: 6,004

5,407 posts
Donate to Me
More
OP has stated that he is not going to update the thread to give credits (kernel source is in the download tab), so thread closed and download link removed until he changes his mind.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coal686 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread