Originally Posted by jake.99x3
Will somebody verify that this works for Verizon? I'll test but I need to be assured that it won't brick my phone
---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------
I haven't been able to get this RUU to work. The RUU opens up and goes through preparing setup but then just dissappears after agreeing to the terms and conditions
I tested it on the unlocked BS_US001 that I converted to GPE(GOOGL001) and it worked perfect, my model id is 06PB12000.
1. I changed the CID to 11111111
2. Flashed the RUU zip to convert the GPE to Sense (Following the thread I provided in OP)
3. Performed a Factory Reset with the stock recovery.
4. Installed TWRP and performed and Full Wipe.
5. Restored a Sense Backup.
6. Sense booted up fine but taking too long every time I restarted my phone (Not a very good restore huh!).
7. Relocked the bootloader
8. Ran the RUU and Voila! HTC One 8 Developer Edition with a super fast boot up!
9. Went back to bootloader and changed the CID to BS_US002.
10. Restarted the phone and installed all the updates, now I'm at version 2.22.1540.4
who has an AT&T version was able to convert it with no problems.
Two things come up to my mind 1. You may need to change the model ID of your phone or 2. You may need to run the RUU as administrator.