Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 51,334 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RUU] M8 Developer Edition SENSE 1.54.1540.10

Tip us?
 
lsv-1
Old
#1  
lsv-1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 379
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Jose

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [RUU] M8 Developer Edition SENSE 1.54.1540.10

Hello community, today I want to share something that was a little bit hard to spot. It's the Brightstar US bloatware-free Developer Edition RUU in case you want to convert your AT&T, Verizon, GPE, etc to Developer Edition.

If you are on Sense already just change your CID to 11111111, BS_US001 or BS_US002, relock your bootloader and run the RUU from your pc.

If are on GPE you need to follow this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2733523 but instead of installing a Custom Rom or a backup (final step) just run the RUU in fastboot mode.

https://mega.co.nz/#!V9klBYbL!EJW2yp...8fO89SoRPz1s6w

Profit!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lsv-1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Jesushasadroid
Old
#2  
Jesushasadroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 632
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hollywood, FL
is this legit anyone try it

Somewhere with my Android.
 
daorderdillon
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 636
Posts: 3,134
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: nassau

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesushasadroid View Post
is this legit anyone try it
i have not as yet but i downloaded it but just run it and it will tell u version before flashing
CURRENTLY USING

HTC ONE M8



PAST DEVICES

HTC BUTTERFLY S 901S

HTC BUTTERFLY X920D

HTC AMAZE

HTC WILDFIRE S
 
jake.99x3
Old
#4  
jake.99x3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 233
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Richmond
Quote:
Originally Posted by daorderdillon View Post
i have not as yet but i downloaded it but just run it and it will tell u version before flashing
Will somebody verify that this works for Verizon? I'll test but I need to be assured that it won't brick my phone

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

I haven't been able to get this RUU to work. The RUU opens up and goes through preparing setup but then just dissappears after agreeing to the terms and conditions

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by daorderdillon View Post
i have not as yet but i downloaded it but just run it and it will tell u version before flashing
What kernel are you using?
I'M AN ANGRY FLASHER
iPhone 3g - iPhone 4 - Nexus 4 - Galaxy s4 - Htc One M8
DON'T BE AFRAID TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON
UNLOCKED BL S-OFF TWRP
 
lsv-1
Old
(Last edited by lsv-1; Today at 01:32 AM.)
#5  
lsv-1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 379
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Jose

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake.99x3 View Post
Will somebody verify that this works for Verizon? I'll test but I need to be assured that it won't brick my phone

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

I haven't been able to get this RUU to work. The RUU opens up and goes through preparing setup but then just dissappears after agreeing to the terms and conditions
I tested it on the unlocked BS_US001 that I converted to GPE(GOOGL001) and it worked perfect, my model id is 06PB12000.

1. I changed the CID to 11111111
2. Flashed the RUU zip to convert the GPE to Sense (Following the thread I provided in OP)
3. Performed a Factory Reset with the stock recovery.
4. Installed TWRP and performed and Full Wipe.
5. Restored a Sense Backup.
6. Sense booted up fine but taking too long every time I restarted my phone (Not a very good restore huh!).
7. Relocked the bootloader
8. Ran the RUU and Voila! HTC One 8 Developer Edition with a super fast boot up!
9. Went back to bootloader and changed the CID to BS_US002.
10. Restarted the phone and installed all the updates, now I'm at version 2.22.1540.4

@kgbkny who has an AT&T version was able to convert it with no problems.

Two things come up to my mind 1. You may need to change the model ID of your phone or 2. You may need to run the RUU as administrator.

Good luck!
 
jake.99x3
Old
#6  
jake.99x3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 233
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Richmond
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsv-1 View Post
I tested it on the unlocked BS_US001 that I converted to GPE(GOOGL001) and it worked perfect, my model id is 06PB12000.

1. I changed the CID to 11111111
2. Flashed the RUU zip to convert the GPE to Sense (Following the thread I provided in OP)
3. Performed a Factory Reset with the stock recovery.
4. Installed TWRP and performed and Full Wipe.
5. Restored a Sense Backup.
6. Sense booted up fine but taking too long every time I restarted my phone (Not a very good restore huh!).
7. Relocked the bootloader
8. Ran the RUU and Voila! HTC One 8 Developer Edition with a super fast boot up!
9. Went back to bootloader and changed the CID to BS_US002.
10. Restarted the phone and installed all the updates, now I'm at version 2.22.1540.4

@kgbkny who has an AT&T version was able to convert it with no problems.

Two things come up to my mind 1. You may need to change the model ID of your phone or 2. You may need to run the RUU as administrator.

Good luck!
How did you relock the bootloader?
I'M AN ANGRY FLASHER
iPhone 3g - iPhone 4 - Nexus 4 - Galaxy s4 - Htc One M8
DON'T BE AFRAID TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON
UNLOCKED BL S-OFF TWRP
 
intenman1
Old
#7  
intenman1's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 28
Join Date: Oct 2010
In fastboot type this command. Fastboot oem lock
Teufel Hunden
 
S1L3nTShaDoWz
Old
#8  
S1L3nTShaDoWz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 259
Join Date: Dec 2013
Sooo what exactly is better about this than my current Verizon M8 firmware? Sorry for the odd question but I've never really known what this is other than if you buy a phone with it it comes factory unlocked lol
Current devices
-----------------------------------------------------------------
VZW HTC One M8 w ViperROM 1.8.0, CheckM8 2.8GHz kernel & TWRP 2.7.1.0 (S-OFF & SuperCID)
Nexus 7 w Cyanogenmod 11
 
jake.99x3
Old
#9  
jake.99x3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 233
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Richmond
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz View Post
Sooo what exactly is better about this than my current Verizon M8 firmware? Sorry for the odd question but I've never really known what this is other than if you buy a phone with it it comes factory unlocked lol
The bootloader becomes permanently unlock. I'm trying to figure this out for verizon

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsv-1 View Post
I tested it on the unlocked BS_US001 that I converted to GPE(GOOGL001) and it worked perfect, my model id is 06PB12000.

1. I changed the CID to 11111111
2. Flashed the RUU zip to convert the GPE to Sense (Following the thread I provided in OP)
3. Performed a Factory Reset with the stock recovery.
4. Installed TWRP and performed and Full Wipe.
5. Restored a Sense Backup.
6. Sense booted up fine but taking too long every time I restarted my phone (Not a very good restore huh!).
7. Relocked the bootloader
8. Ran the RUU and Voila! HTC One 8 Developer Edition with a super fast boot up!
9. Went back to bootloader and changed the CID to BS_US002.
10. Restarted the phone and installed all the updates, now I'm at version 2.22.1540.4

@kgbkny who has an AT&T version was able to convert it with no problems.

Two things come up to my mind 1. You may need to change the model ID of your phone or 2. You may need to run the RUU as administrator.

Good luck!
I ran as admin, did you oem rebootRUU before running the RUU or was the phone booted and at the home screen
I'M AN ANGRY FLASHER
iPhone 3g - iPhone 4 - Nexus 4 - Galaxy s4 - Htc One M8
DON'T BE AFRAID TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON
UNLOCKED BL S-OFF TWRP
 
jshamlet
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 40
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz View Post
Sooo what exactly is better about this than my current Verizon M8 firmware? Sorry for the odd question but I've never really known what this is other than if you buy a phone with it it comes factory unlocked lol
It only has HTC bloat, not HTC bloat + Verizon bloat. It also updates directly from HTC, not Verizon, so you get updates a bit faster. Also, if you are worried about Verizon sending an OTA that will lock you out of your phone, this should mostly alleviate those fears. It's why I switched from my AT&T branded build.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes