FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

Extra 100GB for HTC owners Google Drive

619 posts
Thanks Meter: 106

By erapmicks, Senior Member on 3rd September 2014, 02:22 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
30th December 2014, 11:19 AM |#101  
Flag Wales
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
Somehow i have 115gb of space on google drive now.

30th December 2014, 11:16 PM |#102  
Flag South Devon
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Google drive said it couldn't verify my device (unlocked bootloader) but got it anyway! Happy with that.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
31st December 2014, 04:31 AM |#103  
Mobile, AL
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF1

Google drive said it couldn't verify my device (unlocked bootloader) but got it anyway! Happy with that.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

How'd you get it. It KEEPS popping up on my Blinkfeed and won't go away and since I am bootloader unlocked and S-Off it won't give it to me. I have like 5 tiles everyday on my highlights, it's driving me nuts.

Edit: NVM, I read a few posts back and found the link to do it.
Last edited by hack14u; 31st December 2014 at 04:34 AM.
31st December 2014, 05:32 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Mine came with the device since I just bought it recently.
16th January 2015, 11:50 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Some new infos here:

I redeemed my 50gb (which got upgradet to 100gb) Drive storage last april. So far, so good.
2 Days ago, i flashed the ARHD 30.1 Custom Rom, based on the 5.0.1 Lollipop update.
It seemed to somehow changed the device ID, making Google think this is a new device --> Because i again get the drive storage reminder in Blinkfeed.

I have tried to lock my bootlaoder again, and try to redeem it into my account, to have 200 gb (worked on my Galaxy S3 2 years ago, where i got 48gb Dropbox storage. And a second time, after a Rom changed the device id).
However, in HTCs Case, this seems to be limited to one time 100gb per Google Account.

My Theory: That Rom (or even the whole update) changed the ID, and you get 100gb for a 2nd Time. But you need a second Google Account, to redeem it into (one, that has NOT gotten the HTC drive storage yet)
For example a Gift for a Friend?
But this still needs confirmation. Might as well just be a bug or something, but i think my theory is correct here.
16th January 2015, 05:28 PM |#106  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,821

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseth

Some new infos here:

I redeemed my 50gb (which got upgradet to 100gb) Drive storage last april. So far, so good.
2 Days ago, i flashed the ARHD 30.1 Custom Rom, based on the 5.0.1 Lollipop update.
It seemed to somehow changed the device ID, making Google think this is a new device --> Because i again get the drive storage reminder in Blinkfeed.

I have tried to lock my bootlaoder again, and try to redeem it into my account, to have 200 gb (worked on my Galaxy S3 2 years ago, where i got 48gb Dropbox storage. And a second time, after a Rom changed the device id).
However, in HTCs Case, this seems to be limited to one time 100gb per Google Account.

My Theory: That Rom (or even the whole update) changed the ID, and you get 100gb for a 2nd Time. But you need a second Google Account, to redeem it into (one, that has NOT gotten the HTC drive storage yet)
For example a Gift for a Friend?
But this still needs confirmation. Might as well just be a bug or something, but i think my theory is correct here.

you got notified again because you have drive activator on your phone again / not because you phones ID changed
If you delete Drive Activator (it's in your system app folder) the messages will be gone too.
16th January 2015, 07:37 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
I wouldnt trust google with my info ....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread