As I struggled a bit, here's how to root the HTC One M8 Dual SIM.
As always, if you **** your phone up, it's not my fault. Don't blame me. Further, I will not answer any questions about this. Please help yourself.
Please use the "Thanks" ( ) button if you just want to say "Thank you" or "Great" or "I wanna marry you".
- HTC One M8 Dual SIM (m8_dugl)
- A complete backup of your phone! (e.g. with titanium backup)
- fastboot installed
- USB Cable
- Some time (do not hurry!)
- htc DEV UNLOCK (http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/unlock-instructions)
Make sure you have a "m8_dugl" device:
Reboot your device to the bootloader (POWER+VOLUME_UP until the screen blacks out, then POWER+VOLUME_DOWN). If it reads there something different than "m8_dugl", then this guide is not for you!
- Download the custom recovery "TWRP" from here: https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/Capta...)/ALL/Recovery (See hint below)
- Download "UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.XX.zip" from here: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu
- Copy "UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.XX.zip" to you phone's internal SD
- --> Until now no harm has been done to you device but DEV UNLOCK. So this would also be a good time to do a BACKUP! #JustSaying
- Open a command prompt and navigate to your fastboot executable.
- Put your phone into fastboot mode: POWER+VOLUME_UP until the screen blacks out, then press POWER+VOLUME_DOWN. You see some options soon. Use the volume buttons to navigate, the power button to perform the selected action. Select FASTBOOT and press the POWER button.
- Connect you phone to the PC
- Type "./fastboot boot path/to/where/you/saved/TWRP_Recovery_x.x.x.x_M8_CPTB.img"
- If boot does not work, you can flash the recovery to your phone. But remember: When you do a stock update, you must revert back to a stock recovery!
- Do flash the custom recovert, type "./fastboot flash recovery path/to/where/you/saved/TWRP_Recovery_x.x.x.x_M8_CPTB.img"
- Touch "Install"
- Select the "UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.XX.zip" file
- Swipe to start
- Touch Reboot System.
- You're phone should be rooted.
** Hint **
If the newest TWRP does not work, try a different one.
If none of them work, try the official one: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/225
If the official TWRP does not work for you, you can try the following one, but it's rather old: http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...1/post54258731
PS: @donmarkoni provided some resources that might be useful to you. See his post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=12
[2015-01-18] Updated parts that do not work anymore. Made version numbers generic.
[2014-10-20] a) I have been hinted that the official TWRP should work for the m8_dugl as well. b) The current version of SuperSU is v2.14 and works well. c) @donmarkoni provided some more resources worth mentioning.