FORUMS

[Guide] How to upgrade to M8 Dual Sim (m8_dugl) to a new Android

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By cimnine, Junior Member on 18th February 2015, 10:51 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi

You may have followed my previous guide, "How to root m8_dugl", in which I guided step-by-step how to root the m8_dugl.

This guide shall be similiar, just for upgrading your m8_dugl to the latest stock. This guide has been tested with an upgrade to Android 4.4.4, but I think the upgrade to Lollipop will be similar.

Disclaimer

The usual: I am not responsible for anything you do, even if you applied my guide step by step. You are sole responsible for your actions. There's no guarantee that this guide works for you, it just worked for me.

If you encounter problems, don't expect me to help you. Reply with what you did (exactly!), which files you downloaded from where and tell us what went wrong. Be polite and maybe someone will help you out.

Please use the "Thanks" ( ) button if you just want to say "Thank you" or "Great" or "I wanna marry you".

Prerequisites
  • HTC One M8 Dual SIM (m8_dugl)
  • A complete backup of your phone! (e.g. with titanium backup)
  • fastboot installed on your computer
  • UBS cable
  • Some time

Warning

Make sure you have a "m8_dugl" device:
Reboot your device to the bootloader (POWER+VOLUME_UP until the screen blacks out, then POWER+VOLUME_DOWN). If it reads there something different than "m8_dugl", then this guide is not for you!

Steps
  1. Download m8_dugl_stock_recovery_1.45.401.12.img
  2. If you installed Xposed Framework:
    1. Download TWRP_Recovery_2.8.0.5_M8_CPTB.img
    2. Open the "Xposed Installer" app, goto "Framework" and click the "Uninstall" button
    3. Put your phone into fastboot mode (see below on how to).
    4. Connect the phone to the PC
    5. Open a console and type "./fastboot flash recovery path/to/TWRP_Recovery_2.8.0.5_M8_CPTB.img"
    6. Go back to HBOOT
    7. Go to RECOVERY
    8. Click flash
    9. Make sure you are on the "internal storage"
    10. Navigate to "Android/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/files"
    11. Install "Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip"
    12. Reboot
  3. Revert any further modifications you have made to system files. (Harman Kardon hacks, ...) (SU is usually not a problem and can stay.)
  4. Put your phone into fastboot mode (see below on how to).
  5. Connect your phone to your computer
  6. Open a terminal and type "./fastboot flash recovery path/to/m8_dugl_stock_recovery_1.45.401.12.img"
  7. then type "./fastboot oem lock"
  8. then type "./fastboot reboot"
  9. Wait till the phone has booted up
  10. Open Settings, go to "About" > "Software updates". Click "Check now" if it does not start to search right away.
  11. Download the update (or use the notification item to so)
  12. Once the download completed, check "Install now" and click install
  13. Your phone will restart and update itself
  14. When your phone starts, you should see a message like "Your phone has been updated to XXX".
  15. You can verify in Settings > "About" > "Software information" that the update was successful

Troubleshooting

Q: How to put my phone into fastboot mode
A: POWER+VOLUME_UP until the screen blacks out, then press POWER+VOLUME_DOWN. You see some options soon. Use the volume buttons to navigate, the power button to perform the selected action. Select FASTBOOT and press the POWER button.

Q: My phone got stuck when booting into the custom recovery. I cannot restart it.
A: Wait till the battery dies, boot to fastboot once again and flash a different recovery for the one m8 (GSM version!)

Q: The installation of the update failed
A: You, or a app you installed, has probably tampered with system files. The update checks if all system files are as expected. Make sure, all files are back to normal. If you use Xposed, make sure you uninstalled Xposed completly.

Q: I don't have root after the update.
A: That's true. You need to root again. See my guide on how to root the m8_dugl.

Changelog
[2014-01-18] Initial guide
Last edited by cimnine; 18th February 2015 at 11:04 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cimnine For This Useful Post: [ View ]

18th February 2015, 11:49 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,724

More
Or just flash the RUU available here to get to 3.33.401.10
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2015, 06:03 PM |#3  
Flag kudus
Thanks Meter: 92

More
m8_dugl_stock_recovery_1.45.401.12.img

can i flash to m8 dual sim rom china teleco?
8th April 2015, 08:51 AM |#4  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 1,470

Donate to Me
More
I decided to double-post this here too, as it's somewhat important. Admins and Mods, I'm sorry.

Guys, may I have your ATTENTION PLEASE.

I'll be deleting following files on my MEGA account, so if anyone of you is willing to import to another MEGA account, or reupload somewhere else, please do promptly.
I don't have, nor ever had this phone, so these files are the first to go when space runs low.
I'll be following this thread for some time, waiting for confirmation that somebody took the files.
If anyone wonders, last file is probably the most important one, original signed latest RUU in executable form.

0P6BIMG_M8_DUGL_K44_SENSE60_HTC_Europe_1.45.401.12 _R_Radio_1.18.30306251.05G_30.57.306251.00L_releas e_381655_combined_signed.zip 1.40 GB
2014-07-26--03-35-20 KOT49H release-keys.zip 1.45 GB
M8_dugl_preload.zip 89.5 MB
m8_dugl_stock_recovery_1.45.401.12.img 13.6 MB
0P6BIMG_M8_TWRP_Recovery_2.8.0.5_CPTB 12.50 MB
OTA_M8_DUGL_K444_SENSE60_MR_HTC_Europe_3.33.401.6-1.45.401.12_R_release_3986927s90q9xyzwqo8q8g.zip 646.5 MB
RUU_M8_DUGL_K444_SENSE60_MR_HTC_Europe_3.33.401.10 _Radio_1.22.30306251.27G_30.68.306251.00_F_release _418467_signed.exe 1.52 GB

Cheers!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donmarkoni For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2015, 02:04 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Skip the Bootloader Lock
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimnine

[*]then type "./fastboot oem lock"

I upgraded to Lollipop and did not lock the bootloader before. This step is not needed.
If you can't find the stock recovery.img file - it's in a ZIP within the OTA update file, too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread