Remove All Ads from XDA

My hand broke before my M8 did

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By popwarfour, Junior Member on 21st March 2015, 07:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Well, I fell snowboarding the other day with my phone in a chest pocket. I caught an edge and sandwiched my hand between my body and some ice. Needless to say I broke my hand and completely bent my phone but miraculously my screen didn't break, so at least I have that going for me which is nice.

Kind of sucks because HTCS 6 month manufacturing warranty only covers cracked screens, fml

Here are some pictures, I figured somewhere here might enjoy this.

21st March 2015, 08:49 PM |#2  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 25
Hope you have a speedy recovery!
21st March 2015, 09:03 PM |#3  
Flag Calarasi
Thanks Meter: 45
Htc One wave (tm)

On a serious note that should be easily fixed just by replacing the case. That is if everything works fine inside
21st March 2015, 09:43 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 188
I got pain on the chest by looking at those pictures.
Hope you can fix it soon.
21st March 2015, 09:54 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 60
Yeah, ordering a new backside should be the cheapest way. Replacing it is not hard - all you need is a bit of patience and a source of heat. Order the top and bottom of the front aswell, those are bastards to remove and replace properly - other then that it sounds more dramatic then it is.

remove tops and bottom, heat and remove back side (there is guides on youtube/interwebz). The internals and screen is the expensive parts and those should still be allright for you.
22nd March 2015, 12:42 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
Yea I've thought about replacing the case., I was able to bend it slightly back into place which makes it at least fit in the case again.

Everything works, for now. The only problem I've noticed is two bright spots in the center of the screen most likely from something pushing on the backlight. It's only noticable when looking at dark content which I can lI've with.

I must say HTC did a pretty damn good job engineering this phone
22nd March 2015, 05:05 AM |#7  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 332
if HTC-LG have a baby...this is the HTC G-flex
22nd March 2015, 12:04 PM |#8  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 5,438
Donate to Me
@popwarfour At least you managed to answer the question. "HTC One M8 - Does it bend?"
Hope your hand recovers okay.
23rd March 2015, 05:14 AM |#9  
Flag Amston
Thanks Meter: 156
I actually bent mine as well somehow and I sent it into htc for repair, they fixed it and didn't charge me anything for it. I can't even tell it was even bent. Mine was not as severe as that though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread