How to fix HTC One M8 camera issue

19th September 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 116

507 posts
More
For those that are familiar with HTC One M8, if I get one and remove the protective coating on it and put a lens cover from slickwraps on it, will it be enough to keep it from scratching the lens to a point where it affects the image quality even for a whole year?
19th September 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #72  
Flag Ashford
Thanks Meter: 32

138 posts
More
I wasn't impressed with the slickwraps protectors. I use Nilkin ones now.
19th September 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 116

507 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vRS Carl

I wasn't impressed with the slickwraps protectors. I use Nilkin ones now.

Do they affect image quality? And if so, then in what way?
Yesterday, 01:20 PM   |  #74  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 60

330 posts
More
Mine started to get worse in the past couple days and just a few hours ago I noticed that the sharpness of the pictures are effected really badly.
I did a little reading on here and other sites as well, as the Turkish service providers suck, sending it for repair is my last option.
(Got my One X's screen and board replaced once, with a paid service, then the device was never good again. Had 4 or 5 repairs, then replaced with an M4 One Mini since they didn't have One X in stock anymore)

Anyway, what I did was first testing it around the glass not directly above the lens, the black areas. Just spit on the glass a little and used a guitar pick (medium hard one). Tried it on the black surfaces and when I saw it took of the coating well and did not do any other damage, applied it to the direct lens area as well. It is clear as day one now, but my real question is; was that coating protecting the glass? will it be more open to scatches now? will it happen again? since there is nothing more to wear off anymore and the next damage/scratch will be permanent.

and if it was also present on the M7, really really tired of this sh*t of the corporations, not just HTC.
Yesterday, 01:32 PM   |  #75  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 3,702

8,891 posts
More
Just got my phone back from warranty repair...had warped bezel and screen lifted.

The bonus was a new camera lens. I had rubbed the film off old one. We'll see how this one goes. In an otterbox and only going to clean it with an appropriate cloth.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread