FORUMS

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Droid Turbo Lollipop OTA, 2015 Moto G Leaked – XDA TV

Android Lollipop for the Droid Turbo has been released. That and much more … more

EVLeaks Shows Off Possible BlackBerry Android Phone

It wasn’t too long ago that we received reports of BlackBerry planning to use … more

How to fix HTC One M8 camera issue

143 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

By AcE XBOX, Senior Member on 3rd July 2014, 05:02 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th January 2015, 04:08 AM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I noticed my camera's were getting really blurry recently, tried to clean it up with a soft cloth but it didn't help. Ran across this thread doing some research, I was able to clean it right up with with a mixture of water and Bar Keeper's Friend.

It's household cleaning powder, I mixed up a paste with a touch of powder and a few drops of water, then used a cotton swap to clean the lenses. Wipe clean with a soft cloth.

...v

17th January 2015, 07:47 AM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Another vote for the Magic Eraser trick here, I cut off a small corner, wet it and then squeezed all the water out, then lightly rubbed it on the lens in a circular motion for about three seconds and after that the lens was cloud free. Quick and mess free, no chance of anything getting under the lens. Removing this coating definitely affects the quality of the photos though, I now get noticeable glare from every light source in all photos, but before I removed it photos were blurry so it's a slight improvement.

The coating isn't getting covered in scratches as mine was in a decent case and it's very unlikely that something managed to lightly scratch the entire lens surface (rather than some scratches and some clear sections) and also not touch the flash right next to it. it appears to be something causing the coating itself to change from clear to opaque, maybe it's lifting away slightly, or reacting to the atmosphere? I've basically stopped using the camera for anything other than utility shots now because the glare is so bad, hopefully they'll sort this for the m9.
18th May 2015, 06:53 AM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
htc one m8
I recently broke the rear camera on my HTC one m8 and ordered a new one off of eBay .... I've taken phones apart before and fixed them, unfortunately this time was different... I got phone back together and rear camera doesn't work when using the standard camera icon but works with the bambuser app. Is there some sort of driver that I have to reinstall due to taking the phone apart and unplugging everything??? The removable SD card slot doesn't work anymore either. Is there a driver for that as well? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also rooted the phone and flashed the team venom viper one rom. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to tinknokker3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2015, 02:25 PM |#124  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Htc one m8 cloudy camera
Hi all. New to this forum. Yep I'm having the cloudy camera/video camera problem with my HTC one m8. This is really frustrating and obviously quite a huge problem. My question is does toothpaste work as a kind of 'quick fix'? Also will HTC fix this problem under the manufacturers 12 months warranty ?
8th June 2015, 01:54 PM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme Lister

Hi all. New to this forum. Yep I'm having the cloudy camera/video camera problem with my HTC one m8. This is really frustrating and obviously quite a huge problem. My question is does toothpaste work as a kind of 'quick fix'? Also will HTC fix this problem under the manufacturers 12 months warranty ?

I had sent mine in for repair, after doing it myself and they changed the lens cover. That was back in December. I'm now starting to see the coating on the replacement lens cover start to loosen up. This time I won't send to them as I'm not going to relock and go back to s-on.
9th June 2015, 03:58 PM |#126  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,980

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme Lister

My question is does toothpaste work as a kind of 'quick fix'?

Its not just a "quick fix", its a permanent fix. The issue is that there is a coating (anti-glare?) that has very poor durability, and is starting to become scratched off. Just remove the coating to expose the bare glass, and the clouding goes away. The bare glass is possible to scratch over time. But I removed the coating about 8-9 months ago, and see just a few scratches on the glass (and I am not particularly gentle with my phone). And those scratches don't affect picture quality. They are not over the actual camera lens. If you look, the camera opening/lens is actually much smaller than the glass cover.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread