I'm in 4.4.2
FW 1.54.401.5
this work for me
6th December 2014, 11:30 AM   |  #72  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4

14 posts
More
I'm gutted I jumped the gun and used the OTA updates to update the firmware before finding this thread.

If anyone is brave enough to try this on HBOOT 3.19 please let us know how it went. Sunshine not compatible yet so this is the only solution I've found to S-OFF CID HTC__622 and I'm so annoyed with myself that I updated and now cannot do it.
6th December 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #73  
Flag Riga

20 posts
More
Doesn't matter if you updated or not, obviously your HBOOT was 3.18 prior to updating, which basically means that you didn't have any options anyway unless you updated twice or more. This method, simply put, was for all HK users still on 4.4.2 KitKat, if I remember correctly then your HBOOT had to be 3.16 for this to work. Sunshine will include support for 3.18 and 3.19 HBOOT's in the 3.0 release but that's only happening after a month or something. No precise ETA was given for obvious reasons.
If I were you I'd steer clear of this thread and the instructions mentioned in the first post. As I said before, chances are that someone might just end up bricking their device for good if done something wrong. As an inexperienced user myself and a newcomer to the Android OS I personally wouldn't want risking doing something wrong, haha, my heart almost stopped when I ended up having my first boot loop.

Besides, I still don't get it how did the guy in the first post manage to downgrade his HBOOT, isn't that impossible with S-ON? My phone came with 4.4.2 out of the box, at that time I didn't even bother coming to XDA so I just went for an OTA update, haha, which basically rendered my chances of successfully s-offing my device - impossible.

The only reason why I'm eager to wait for Sunshine support to S-Off my device is to try out H/K sound mod. That's it!
Last edited by anddiiss; 6th December 2014 at 01:10 PM.
6th December 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #74  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,763

2,403 posts
Donate to Me
Downgrading hboot is never possible with s on. The reason the method in OP worked is the hboot in the "ota version" and the "downgrade version" were both the same.

That said, hboot version has nothing to do with firewater (or sunshine for that matter).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beaups For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th December 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #75  
Flag London

14 posts
More
I've only had the phone for about 3 weeks and it shipped with 4.4.2 and HBOOT 3.16 as in the OP so I could've given this a go if I had done some more research before going via the OTA route to update my firmware.

Decided I didn't really need S-OFF and I don't, but now realising I want it especially after taking it for granted with my previous device (HTC Sensation XE). Wanted to try a custom ROM straight away and knew I needed a firmware update for the latest ones to work properly.

I guess I'll have to live without S-OFF and SuperCID or at least until sunshine is supported.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread