FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC One M8 Eye ownership

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By vittalnrv, Junior Member on 27th October 2014, 07:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, traded my trusty ol Nexus 5 for the be spoken M8 Eye. I have been a droid loyalist since the gingerbread days, have used HTC legend, desire , evo3d, galaxy notes, s4, Xperia ultra , nexus..but I swear by God this the best buy yet.

The HTC phones are sure built like strong German cars, and comparing to new iPhone 6, yes, m8 just tops it on handling and finish. The i6 feels like the older HTC one x.

Sound clarity is beautiful from the stereo speakers, SQ is there but it could have done with more loudness.

Out of box it came preloaded with KK 4.4.4 and the SenseUI is buttery smooth topped with good battery life.

Camera quality is all good, very snappy in locking focus unlike nexus5. My camera usage is very basic so not commenting much.

Happy to be part of XDA..thanks!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 Eye using Tapatalk

27th October 2014, 01:56 PM |#2  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 54

More
The Eye is great with the 13MP camera, I just understand why HTC omitted NFC and the Infrared port on it.
27th October 2014, 04:35 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 339

More
The m8 eye is a good looking device ! I like it...but I won't trade my current m8 unless it brakes jaja if it does I might get the m8 eye
28th October 2014, 01:13 AM |#4  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Force Choking Trolls Since 2015
Flag The Dark Side
Thanks Meter: 17,028

More
Is the camera just more MP, or is it actually upgraded hardware wise?

Just curious. 😁
28th October 2014, 01:39 PM |#5  
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 3,505

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

Is the camera just more MP, or is it actually upgraded hardware wise?

Just curious. 😁

mostly different camera, everything else should be same
The Following User Says Thank You to DeeZZ_NuuZZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DeeZZ_NuuZZ Ad-Free
28th October 2014, 02:10 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 811

More
Is it the faster AC 801 like the Asian M8 or still the AB 801?

HTC One M8
28th October 2014, 02:27 PM |#7  
Flag The Dark Side

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-M8-Master

mostly different camera, everything else should be same

Sorry, I meant is it different camera hardware. Or just more MP.

If it's the same hardware... Wouldn't the only improvement be you can blow the pic up a bit more.?

🍻
28th October 2014, 02:45 PM |#8  
Flag Hannover

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

If it's the same hardware... Wouldn't the only improvement be you can blow the pic up a bit more.?

🍻

Do you even read the specs? both cameras, front and back are having 13mp and few differences between both...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

🍻

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DeeZZ_NuuZZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DeeZZ_NuuZZ Ad-Free
28th October 2014, 03:47 PM |#9  
Flag The Dark Side

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-M8-Master

Do you even read the specs? both cameras, front and back are having 13mp and few differences between both...

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

I read it... Lol But doesn't say, new camera hardware... Way better than the old m8. 😁

I'm just curious, cause they can make it a thousand mega pixels... But still need better hardware for the pics to actually be "better". Know what I mean.

Able to print or view a bigger pic, doesn't make it a better pic.

I still use an 8 MP Kodak camera, cause the pictures are awesome. And I don't need to blow them up. 😊

🍻
28th October 2014, 06:17 PM |#10  
Flag Hannover

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

I read it... Lol But doesn't say, new camera hardware... Way better than the old m8. 😁

I'm just curious, cause they can make it a thousand mega pixels... But still need better hardware for the pics to actually be "better". Know what I mean.

I still use an 8 MP Kodak camera, cause the pictures are awesome. And I don't need to blow them up. 😊

🍻

yea bigger MP doesnt mean better pics... i really like the m8 cam.. bot the front and back makes such good Pictures, i don't Need any other cam...i wanted to buy like my sister a dlsr...but now i don't want to anymore because the pics are enough good
28th October 2014, 06:21 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

🍻

Couldn't agree more about no need to blow up photos, and I have no interest in making posters with my camera photos. I think the pics the original m8 takes are great, but they needed to make the eye version to appease all those who felt more megapixels equals better. There are also those who swear their pics are washed out on the original, but that hasn't been my experience.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)