Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,688 Members 41,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The letter C on my HTC One fell off!!

Tip us?

HRodMusic
Old
(Last edited by HRodMusic; 12th August 2014 at 12:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 224
Default The letter C on my HTC One fell off!!

So ive lost the C forever, and now the phone looks ugly, poor quality by HTC IMO, anyone else experienced this?

is there any custom letters i could buy online??

Carrier: AT&T
Phone: HTC One (M8)

Phones
HTC Diamond->Blackberry Curve->G1->Motorola Rockr E8->IPhone 3G->Galaxy S Vibrant->IPhone 4-> HTC Sensation->Sidekick 4G ->SGS2 -> Galaxy Nexus-> IPhone 4S 32gb white- > Skyrocket-> Galaxy S3-> Nexus 4-> HTC One X -> White 32gb iPhone 5 ->Galaxy Note II -> HTC One -> Snowtrooper Nexus 5 32GB -> Note 3 -> LG G2 -> HTC ONE M8

estpoc
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Mine just fell off. Will try to super glue it back.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

HRodMusic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by estpoc View Post
Mine just fell off. Will try to super glue it back.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
I wish i could find mine =(

Phones
HTC Diamond->Blackberry Curve->G1->Motorola Rockr E8->IPhone 3G->Galaxy S Vibrant->IPhone 4-> HTC Sensation->Sidekick 4G ->SGS2 -> Galaxy Nexus-> IPhone 4S 32gb white- > Skyrocket-> Galaxy S3-> Nexus 4-> HTC One X -> White 32gb iPhone 5 ->Galaxy Note II -> HTC One -> Snowtrooper Nexus 5 32GB -> Note 3 -> LG G2 -> HTC ONE M8

exSD
Old
Thanks Meter 174
My C fell off when my phone was sitting on my lap on a road trip. I guess the sun was too hot for it and the glue just turned to cupcake frosting. I ended up taking the other two letters off along with the C and it doesn't look too bad! All that gunk in the C in the OP's picture can be rubbed out so it has a clean look.
The Following User Says Thank You to exSD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HRodMusic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by exSD View Post
My C fell off when my phone was sitting on my lap on a road trip. I guess the sun was too hot for it and the glue just turned to cupcake frosting. I ended up taking the other two letters off along with the C and it doesn't look too bad! All that gunk in the C in the OP's picture can be rubbed out so it has a clean look.
possible you can post a pic? might just do that.

Phones

xxquicksh0txx
Old
Thanks Meter 334
While I was cleaning the back of my phone I noticed one of the letters moving, so I went ahead and took all 3 out.

I used rubbing alcohol to get the rest of the glue out, and it's pretty clean now.
I actually prefer the feel of the back without the letters. It was weird at first, but I think it feels better.

I'd post a pic, but I don't have another camera.
The Following User Says Thank You to xxquicksh0txx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HRodMusic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxquicksh0txx View Post
While I was cleaning the back of my phone I noticed one of the letters moving, so I went ahead and took all 3 out.

I used rubbing alcohol to get the rest of the glue out, and it's pretty clean now.
I actually prefer the feel of the back without the letters. It was weird at first, but I think it feels better.

I'd post a pic, but I don't have another camera.
aww im scared to remove the letters lol, lets hope someone posts a pic!

Phones

farru503
Old
Thanks Meter 252
RIP "C" lol ...sorry bout that bruh
Im Hungry
The Following User Says Thank You to farru503 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cpufrost
Old
Thanks Meter 91
You know this gives me an idea...

With the filler removed from those placeholders there's enough countersink to fill with epoxy and then sand smooth.
Clear five minute epoxy resin could be used and you can make them any color you want by mixing in a bit of acrylic paint found in a craft store.
Get creative!

Just be sure that it's clean so the epoxy sticks well. Or it could fall out again...

I'm willing to bet that properly mixed epoxy will stay put though.
The Following User Says Thank You to cpufrost For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HRodMusic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 224
sad times right now, good thing is that its going back to att once the new phone is released =)

Phones