M8 - Audiophile thread

25th September 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #181  
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 2,446

6,998 posts
More
http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00F0CQ..._Vgfjub0E5SF1V

Ordered these now downloaded a few new irs for v4a and for now they seems to be good with vhs+ , clarity, curetech+ also h/k clarifi is enabled ...and irs is razor surround z edition with +20 bass
25th September 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #182  
Thanks Meter: 44

264 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by affliction_emrah

Personally the biggest reason I started to use PA because of its incredible quality eq parameters at first place. So, for me I choose it's sound tweaks among all others

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

Affliction,

I'm with you on that. I turned off my Tone and Limit options in the EQ long ago, but have several different EQ settings that I use (some are custom but just tweaked versions of the presets for the most part).

I would advise AGAINST enabling Direct Volume AND Bluetooth Direct Volume. I had issues where PA would make these weird sharp noises randomly while playing songs back when I first got it. Really annoyed me, but then I read this, and it COMPLETELY FIXED the issue:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...ted-sound.html (SEE FIRST POST)

I also set audio buffer size to +750ms, and audio thread priority to Highest. I made other changes like shutting off the fade when you pause/play songs, shutting OFF the annoying pause when GPS is talking to you while music is playing, and others. Since PA is super ridiculously awesome and lets you actually SAVE your settings to a file, I would be happy to send anyone interested a copy of my settings file for maximum awesomeness! lol Just PM me and it's yours.

One last thing.......... I had an issue which many ppl have with PA of it displaying duplicate songs even though I only have it set to check my phone's music folder. I couldn't figure out why it did that, but then I heard about this wonderful app called "DupeOut" last night and tried it out, and......... it worked! All my duplicate songs are magically gone. So if anyone reading here uses PA and has that issue at all, try checking that PA is only checking your music folder for content. If it is but you still have this issue, then go to the Google Play Store and download that app immediately!

RockStar2005
25th September 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #183  
Thanks Meter: 302

2,104 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSasi

I'm using XBA-H1 very neutral sounding IEM. Very good sound stage. It's a little dark but I like it that way. I'm not a fan of V sound. I have ordered Takstar 2050 Dynamics headphones. Hoping M8 can handle it

I never felt the need of V4A. Stock sound with Neutron Player is good enough.

any in-ears can be power by the unit itself, I felt I dont need my C5D but the C5D does have bass boost, I dont like bass that much so it works fine for me.
26th September 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #184  
Thanks Meter: 112

483 posts
More
Hi, really been enjoying my m8 for the past few months. After coming from apple`s iPod`s to every second HTC Model since the Old EVO (EVO, EVO 3D, One X+ now m8), I had been consistently disappointed with HTC`s audio quality but I loved the ui and physical design of the devices so it was enough to justify the abysmal bg hiss and poor dynamics. My One X+ was better than the EVO phones but still nothing great, the iPod still blitzes it.

Then I heard about the butterfly and m7 having the best audio quality on the market, super excited but also aggravated that htc had decided to beef up audio on a phone not on my upgrade cycle, I waited. So hearing about the m8 being even better, I took a plunge and preordered it without reading any reviews and am delighted by the sq. Boomsound didn`t really sound all that good to me but with no eq`s applied, the phone still sounds great. I have much more serious gear at home but the m8 is probably about 85% as good and infinitesimally more portable. Using my ie800`s, probably overkill for this phone, there is good clarity and a really nice soundstage. However installing project era really helps, it makes the sound more lively and adds depth that the phone usually lacks without affecting neutrality, so it isn`t an eq or anything (basically go install it right now). The DAC is of high quality for a phone, similar hiss to ciruss iPod`s/IPhone`s (silent on ie800`s, some hiss with se535`s) and just as much detail with prject era. The major factor in the m8`s favour is volume and power, the amp section is amazing!, its like listening to an ipod running through a fiio e6 through lod. I no longer need to use an amp with my phone but ofc a good quality amp will give better sq. Running audio through my JDS Labs cmoy bb with dual rail splitters the ie800`s reproduce a larger soundstage, more microdetail and sub bass is noticeably more powerful. Overall really happy and i`ll be excited to see what HTC comes up with next year granted they don`t go bankrupt first.....
The Following User Says Thank You to ryanjsoo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th September 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #185  
Thanks Meter: 57

160 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStar2005

Affliction,

I'm with you on that. I turned off my Tone and Limit options in the EQ long ago, but have several different EQ settings that I use (some are custom but just tweaked versions of the presets for the most part).

Quote:
Originally Posted by affliction_emrah

Personally the biggest reason I started to use PA because of its incredible quality eq parameters at first place. So, for me I choose it's sound tweaks among all others

What do you guys use other than the PA equalizer? Curious and I still have some tweaking to do so I'll try disabling viper4a and go back to PA. Since I disabled everything in PA my music sounds a lot clearer with better separation between vocals, bass, etc. but the mid range stuff, especially the high notes, are a little overpowering and hurt my ear a bit while driving.
26th September 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #186  

264 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontowey

What do you guys use other than the PA equalizer? Curious and I still have some tweaking to do so I'll try disabling viper4a and go back to PA. Since I disabled everything in PA my music sounds a lot clearer with better separation between vocals, bass, etc. but the mid range stuff, especially the high notes, are a little overpowering and hurt my ear a bit while driving.

Brandon,

Currently, I only use (on my HTC One M8) the Harman/Kardon mod (Clari-Fi on, LiveStage off) which is only available by rooting and S-OFF'ing your M8, and PowerAmp itself.

If you'd like, you can PM me and I can send you my PA Settings (backup) file via e-mail. By importing it (3-dots button/Settings---> 3-dots button/Settings again---->Import), you will have all my Settings automatically applied to your PA. You can change default presets and even apply a preset to supercede the default one on individual songs after that (which is what I do).

I find that PA does a fantastic job with the sound quality and am very happy with it!

Let me know.

RockStar2005
27th September 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #187  
Thanks Meter: 57

160 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStar2005

If you'd like, you can PM me and I can send you my PA Settings (backup) file via e-mail. By importing it (3-dots button/Settings---> 3-dots button/Settings again---->Import), you will have all my Settings automatically applied to your PA. You can change default presets and even apply a preset to supercede the default one on individual songs after that (which is what I do).

RockStar2005

Pm sent. Curious how it's going to work out. I'll reply back with my opinion about which sounds better. Starting to find improving my audio is a bit of a rabbit hole, just a crap load of options.
27th September 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #188  
Thanks Meter: 51

778 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontowey

Only PA and its eq

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app
Today, 09:00 PM   |  #189  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 67

388 posts
More
FWIW, after I found Neutron Player https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ncode.mp&hl=en I never went back to Poweramp...
Today, 09:03 PM   |  #190  

264 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pupochek

FWIW, after I found Neutron Player https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ncode.mp&hl=en I never went back to Poweramp...

Hey pupochek,

Interesting. So tell me why you feel this player is better than PowerAmp? Please provide all the details you can.

Thank You,

RockStar2005

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread