Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

M8 - Audiophile thread

OP Jamal Ahmed

24th December 2014, 11:52 PM   |  #311  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 125
 
388 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Anyone tried the Cambridge Audio DACMagic XS with the M8? Going very cheap at the moment...

http://www.richersounds.com/product/...mb-dacmagic-xs

Worth it sound quality wise for 50?
29th December 2014, 12:04 PM   |  #312  
Member
Flag East Sussex
Thanks Meter: 4
 
82 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by popoyaya

Anyone tried the Cambridge Audio DACMagic XS with the M8? Going very cheap at the moment...

http://www.richersounds.com/product/...mb-dacmagic-xs

Worth it sound quality wise for 50?

It gets really good reviews.
I got all excited when i saw 50!! then read that it's only an in-store price..
7th January 2015, 01:07 AM   |  #313  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2014
i got the M8 today and hooked up my Fiio E07k and it worked but the volume buttons just turn it up to full or mute now so i have to use the volume buttons on my DAC. anyone here have the same problem.
also theres no long press to change track via the volume rockers which i loved having on my S3
7th January 2015, 01:59 AM   |  #314  
Steven How's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
1,251 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkyarmour

i got the M8 today and hooked up my Fiio E07k and it worked but the volume buttons just turn it up to full or mute now so i have to use the volume buttons on my DAC. anyone here have the same problem.
also theres no long press to change track via the volume rockers which i loved having on my S3

It happens with my Fiio E18 too. But it doest happen to Sony phone thought. Was wondering the same thing.

Sent from my HTC ONE M8 HK
14th January 2015, 06:48 AM   |  #315  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
301 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
More
Has anyone gotten the MusicFX equalizer running in Lollipop? I reinstalled it, but it force closes every time I try to open it from Play Music.

Alternately, are there any other equalizer plugins for Play Music?
14th January 2015, 08:26 AM   |  #316  
smeejaytee's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag kent
Thanks Meter: 608
 
2,612 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshamlet

Has anyone gotten the MusicFX equalizer running in Lollipop? I reinstalled it, but it force closes every time I try to open it from Play Music.

Alternately, are there any other equalizer plugins for Play Music?

V4a it'd the best equaliser there is.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
14th January 2015, 08:29 AM   |  #317  
iJekyll's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by popoyaya

Anyone tried the Cambridge Audio DACMagic XS with the M8? Going very cheap at the moment...

http://www.richersounds.com/product/...mb-dacmagic-xs

Worth it sound quality wise for 50?


Just got this baby: http://schiit.com/products/fulla
And it's just amazing!! I can't believe it's only 75$. Highly recommended!
14th January 2015, 09:36 AM   |  #318  
Steven How's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
1,251 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJekyll

Just got this baby: http://schiit.com/products/fulla
And it's just amazing!! I can't believe it's only 75$. Highly recommended!

Mind snapping some pic of how it is connected to the m8? Does it need external source? Will it drain battery dramatically like the UD120?

Sent from my HTC ONE M8 HK
14th January 2015, 01:44 PM   |  #319  
Member
Flag East Sussex
Thanks Meter: 4
 
82 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJekyll

Just got this baby: http://schiit.com/products/fulla
And it's just amazing!! I can't believe it's only 75$. Highly recommended!

Looks very nice.
The name made me lol though..
http://youtu.be/WsqZ33ZMnC8

can't get the video 'wrap tags' to work?!
Last edited by Zipperface; 14th January 2015 at 01:46 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes