I was wondering why HTC removed Notes app from HTC One M8.
Since it syncs with Evernote, is lightweight and, for me, better than Evernote official app always was my first choice for taking notes.
So I searched on internet some way to put HTC Notes on M8 and found nothing.
Hands on, and here is the fully functional tutorial.
- First of all, download the APK's
- DO NOT MANUALLY INSTALL THEM
- Put the APK's on /system/priv-app (you need a rooted device to do this and some root explorer, like ES File Explorer)
- Download the libs (here is the tricky part)
- Put the "libnotes_jni.so" and "libnotesprovider_jni.so" on /system/lib
- Now you need to change permissions in the files to "rw-r--r--" or "644"
- To do that, on ES File Explorer, touch and hold on file. When selected go to properties
- "Click" the button "Change" in Permissions section
- Check: Owner (Read,Write), Group (Read), Other(Read)
- Ok, Ok, Ok
- Full reboot your device
- TADA! Fully working HTC Notes app!
I hope it helps!
PS: And once and again, sorry for my bad english...