Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,275 Members 42,772 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MTP Solution!

Tip us?

andreasyeah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Default MTP Solution!

Hi!
I've been having some problems with MTP and I've been searching for days and finally found a solution!
My problem was that MTP was showing a yellow exclamation in device manager and an error "Code 31"

After installing, uninstalling and re-installing dozens of drivers I found this solution:

1. With phone unplugged open cmd (Run as Administrator)
2.Type this command:

Code:
net localgroup Administrators "local service" /add
3. Plug phone
4. ???
5. Profit!

Check this thread for more info - all credits here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1115366
Click Thank you!
NOW!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andreasyeah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Magissia
Old
Thanks Meter 190
It looks dangerous for your computer security.

Regards

andreasyeah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magissia View Post
It looks dangerous for your computer security.

Regards
Well maybe it is a bit dangerous..however, it does not add your local account to the administrator group. just the "Local Service" account.
This is the only solution I've found for my MTP problem and I thought it would be good to share cause I've spent days trying to fix it.
Anyway, I believe there are many things we do in these forums here(generally, at xda forums. not m8 specific), that make our phones less secure, but we still do it because we love to control our devices in any way we want.

Click Thank you!
NOW!

pawslo1984
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Easiest way is just to swich off device (yes off &#128513 plug to Pc and wait for Windows to install correct drivers
Works for me 😄

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawslo1984 View Post
Easiest way is just to swich off device (yes off &#128513 plug to Pc and wait for Windows to install correct drivers
Works for me 😄
This for didn't work on my PC. But what did work (similar) is to manually select the device in Device Manager, and pick the option to pick the drivers, then selected the generic Android MTP device.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simplepinoi177
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasyeah View Post
Hi!
I've been having some problems with MTP and I've been searching for days and finally found a solution!
My problem was that MTP was showing a yellow exclamation in device manager and an error "Code 31"

After installing, uninstalling and re-installing dozens of drivers I found this solution:

1. With phone unplugged open cmd (Run as Administrator)
2.Type this command:

Code:
net localgroup Administrators "local service" /add
3. Plug phone
4. ???
5. Profit!

Check this thread for more info - all credits here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1115366
OMG...I just want to thank you so much! I know you may not be the original credit, but thank you so much for reposting this! I have had my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 for months now with its damned MTP Device was unsuccessful and have not been able to enact a solution til now! I am truly appreciative...

andreasyeah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepinoi177 View Post
OMG...I just want to thank you so much! I know you may not be the original credit, but thank you so much for reposting this! I have had my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 for months now with its damned MTP Device was unsuccessful and have not been able to enact a solution til now! I am truly appreciative...
Glad you finally found a solution!
Click Thank you!
NOW!