MTP Solution!

15th August 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nicosia
Thanks Meter: 55

122 posts
More
Hi!
I've been having some problems with MTP and I've been searching for days and finally found a solution!
My problem was that MTP was showing a yellow exclamation in device manager and an error "Code 31"

After installing, uninstalling and re-installing dozens of drivers I found this solution:

1. With phone unplugged open cmd (Run as Administrator)
2.Type this command:

Code:
net localgroup Administrators "local service" /add
3. Plug phone
4. ???
5. Profit!

Check this thread for more info - all credits here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1115366
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andreasyeah For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #2  
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 198

864 posts
More
It looks dangerous for your computer security.

Regards
17th August 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nicosia

122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magissia

It looks dangerous for your computer security.

Regards

Well maybe it is a bit dangerous..however, it does not add your local account to the administrator group. just the "Local Service" account.
This is the only solution I've found for my MTP problem and I thought it would be good to share cause I've spent days trying to fix it.
Anyway, I believe there are many things we do in these forums here(generally, at xda forums. not m8 specific), that make our phones less secure, but we still do it because we love to control our devices in any way we want.

18th August 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #4  
Flag Nysa
Thanks Meter: 74

175 posts
More
Easiest way is just to swich off device (yes off &#128513 plug to Pc and wait for Windows to install correct drivers
Works for me 😄
19th August 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,026

6,849 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawslo1984

Easiest way is just to swich off device (yes off &#128513 plug to Pc and wait for Windows to install correct drivers
Works for me 😄

This for didn't work on my PC. But what did work (similar) is to manually select the device in Device Manager, and pick the option to pick the drivers, then selected the generic Android MTP device.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th September 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasyeah

Hi!
I've been having some problems with MTP and I've been searching for days and finally found a solution!
My problem was that MTP was showing a yellow exclamation in device manager and an error "Code 31"

After installing, uninstalling and re-installing dozens of drivers I found this solution:

1. With phone unplugged open cmd (Run as Administrator)
2.Type this command:

Code:
net localgroup Administrators "local service" /add
3. Plug phone
4. ???
5. Profit!

Check this thread for more info - all credits here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1115366

OMG...I just want to thank you so much! I know you may not be the original credit, but thank you so much for reposting this! I have had my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 for months now with its damned MTP Device was unsuccessful and have not been able to enact a solution til now! I am truly appreciative...
16th September 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nicosia

122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepinoi177

OMG...I just want to thank you so much! I know you may not be the original credit, but thank you so much for reposting this! I have had my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 for months now with its damned MTP Device was unsuccessful and have not been able to enact a solution til now! I am truly appreciative...

Glad you finally found a solution!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread