Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

MTP Solution!

OP andreasyeah

15th August 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 55
 
123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Hi!
I've been having some problems with MTP and I've been searching for days and finally found a solution!
My problem was that MTP was showing a yellow exclamation in device manager and an error "Code 31"

After installing, uninstalling and re-installing dozens of drivers I found this solution:

1. With phone unplugged open cmd (Run as Administrator)
2.Type this command:

Code:
net localgroup Administrators "local service" /add
3. Plug phone
4. ???
5. Profit!

Check this thread for more info - all credits here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1115366
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andreasyeah For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #2  
Magissia's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 220
 
912 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
It looks dangerous for your computer security.

Regards
17th August 2014, 01:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 55
 
123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magissia

It looks dangerous for your computer security.

Regards

Well maybe it is a bit dangerous..however, it does not add your local account to the administrator group. just the "Local Service" account.
This is the only solution I've found for my MTP problem and I thought it would be good to share cause I've spent days trying to fix it.
Anyway, I believe there are many things we do in these forums here(generally, at xda forums. not m8 specific), that make our phones less secure, but we still do it because we love to control our devices in any way we want.

18th August 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #4  
pawslo1984's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nysa
Thanks Meter: 101
 
224 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Easiest way is just to swich off device (yes off &#128513 plug to Pc and wait for Windows to install correct drivers
Works for me 😄
19th August 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #5  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,359
 
7,739 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawslo1984

Easiest way is just to swich off device (yes off &#128513 plug to Pc and wait for Windows to install correct drivers
Works for me 😄

This for didn't work on my PC. But what did work (similar) is to manually select the device in Device Manager, and pick the option to pick the drivers, then selected the generic Android MTP device.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th September 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasyeah

Hi!
I've been having some problems with MTP and I've been searching for days and finally found a solution!
My problem was that MTP was showing a yellow exclamation in device manager and an error "Code 31"

After installing, uninstalling and re-installing dozens of drivers I found this solution:

1. With phone unplugged open cmd (Run as Administrator)
2.Type this command:

Code:
net localgroup Administrators "local service" /add
3. Plug phone
4. ???
5. Profit!

Check this thread for more info - all credits here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1115366

OMG...I just want to thank you so much! I know you may not be the original credit, but thank you so much for reposting this! I have had my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 for months now with its damned MTP Device was unsuccessful and have not been able to enact a solution til now! I am truly appreciative...
16th September 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 55
 
123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepinoi177

OMG...I just want to thank you so much! I know you may not be the original credit, but thank you so much for reposting this! I have had my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 for months now with its damned MTP Device was unsuccessful and have not been able to enact a solution til now! I am truly appreciative...

Glad you finally found a solution!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes