FORUMS

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

Sound mods for m8 gsm

Thanks Meter: 1,201

By smeejaytee, Senior Member on 20th August 2014, 10:05 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Yesterday, 01:05 PM |#421  
OP Senior Member
Flag kent

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'mrunningoutofusernames

Hi guys. Since Lee's ROM doesn't have any bugs I tried flashing an aosp ROM (Xenonhd) and fell in love with it. The problem is the sound.
I have tried dragon fi, extremebeats and viper4android. The closest I could get to BoomSound was using only viper4android with the BoomSound irs file and its speaker optimization but it is still not close to the real thing. This is probably an ancient problem and the only solution would be to get HTC to do something about it right? This also probably affects m7 and m9 too. Could we start a movement or something to have HTC fix this? Like an online petition or something? I have zero knowledge about this so I was wondering if more knowledgeable people could help. There was a thread about this but it looks like it died off.
Thanks!

don't use speaker optimization and try extreme beats and you can still use dragon_fi with aosp, Atmos is great though if you want to use that don't install Dolby with dragon_fi,

Sent from my HTC One M8

Yesterday, 01:51 PM |#422  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeejaytee

don't use speaker optimization and try extreme beats and you can still use dragon_fi with aosp, Atmos is great though if you want to use that don't install Dolby with dragon_fi,

Sent from my HTC One M8

I have used extreme beats only, and extreme beats with viper. The best I could get was viper only with zhuhang's boomsound irs with speaker optimisation. I guess it's just currently not possible to get the boomsound quality we have on sense/gpe on aosp. I have posted in a thread that discussed about this very problem and if we are onto something, I hope all of you guys can support us. For the time being, can you please give me other suggestions?
Yesterday, 03:28 PM |#423  
OP Senior Member
Flag kent

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'mrunningoutofusernames

I have used extreme beats only, and extreme beats with viper. The best I could get was viper only with zhuhang's boomsound irs with speaker optimisation. I guess it's just currently not possible to get the boomsound quality we have on sense/gpe on aosp. I have posted in a thread that discussed about this very problem and if we are onto something, I hope all of you guys can support us. For the time being, can you please give me other suggestions?

I'm afraid I can't help much as I don't use aosp,
You'll never get the same quality as sense on an aosp rom,
These only thing I can really suggest is that you try some different irs until you find a sound your happy with.

Sent from my HTC One M8
The Following User Says Thank You to smeejaytee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 08:50 PM |#424  
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 278

Donate to Me
More
@smeejaytee , could you describe the differences between Dolby Atmos and the Dobly Digital already in Zero's mod? Other than a different/tweaked GUI, any other key differences? And has the Bluetooth audio Surround effects gotten fixed and working on ATMOS from what I read previously?

And any word on JBL Audio Mod working on M8? Interested and curious to see how that sounds if it works
Yesterday, 09:08 PM |#425  
OP Senior Member
Flag kent

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by threetwentyfizzle

@smeejaytee , could you describe the differences between Dolby Atmos and the Dobly Digital already in Zero's mod? Other than a different/tweaked GUI, any other key differences? And has the Bluetooth audio Surround effects gotten fixed and working on ATMOS from what I read previously?

And any word on JBL Audio Mod working on M8? Interested and curious to see how that sounds if it works

Ok so Atmos has a better surround effect than ddp but I don't think Bluetooth is fixed yet I'm afraid you could ask in the Atmos thread, and there is a test version of jbl here in this thread it sounds great.

Sent from my HTC One M8
The Following User Says Thank You to smeejaytee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 09:38 AM |#426  
Flag Aix-la-Chapelle
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Anyone have problems with background noise ?
My setup is
Dragon-fi 24.1
V4A FX
V4A XHIFI
H/K
Stock kernel with selinux set to permissive.
Latest LeeDroid
Philips Fidelio M1BT Headphones

Edit
Doesn't matter, looks like bad MP3 was testing on. Different music sources different experiences.. [emoji4]
Last edited by MadBastard; Today at 10:18 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MadBastard For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 10:39 AM |#427  
OP Senior Member
Flag kent

More
Sorry over laid a bit this morning lol some MP3 tracks may have that effect I've had that also.

Sent from my HTC One M8
Today, 08:07 PM |#428  
Flag Kannur
Thanks Meter: 29

More
While installing V4A driver, what quality should I choose? I always chose Super Audio Quality, but I feel that it's draining my battery pretty quick. Is it normal or?
Today, 08:35 PM |#429  
OP Senior Member
Flag kent

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edios123

While installing V4A driver, what quality should I choose? I always chose Super Audio Quality, but I feel that it's draining my battery pretty quick. Is it normal or?

Super is best and only drains battery of you use irs convolver but even then it doesn't use that much.

Sent from my HTC One M8
Today, 08:55 PM |#430  
Flag Kannur
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeejaytee

Super is best and only drains battery of you use irs convolver but even then it doesn't use that much.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Then something is wrong from my end. Audio playback seems to drain battery just a little lower than screen on time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread