FORUMS

Mysterious GG1 Google Device Stops by FCC. Glass v2?

As the year progresses, we draw further away from Google’s annual I/O … more

Material and Material Dark Hit Samsung’s Theme Store

The latest version of Touchwiz, launched alongside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, … more

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

Sound mods for m8 gsm

4,320 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,410

By smeejaytee, Senior Member on 20th August 2014, 10:05 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th June 2015, 07:02 PM |#551  
OP Senior Member
Flag kent

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenn7

that is good to hear..

so would u recommend me to flash jbl first then flash ddp or the other way around? or it doesnt matter?

my gf is using lg g3 stylus and also using poweramp.

though her music details show on audio system..

currently i'm using leedroid 7.4.2, but debloat it further.

will try a clean flash and see how it goes..

thanks for the fast response mate.

If you've debloated that might be your problem a dirty Flash should fix it.
And yeah mate jbl then ddp.

Sent from my M8
The Following User Says Thank You to smeejaytee For This Useful Post: [ View ]

24th June 2015, 09:09 AM |#552  
Flag Surrey, BC
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I'm on leedroid 7.4.3 with stock kernel and HK and have tried dolby atmos 6.2, 6.3, 6.5 and non of them show moving equalizers no FC, but doesn't work for me. No difference in sound
Last edited by jcp2; 24th June 2015 at 09:12 AM.
24th June 2015, 10:22 AM |#553  
OP Senior Member
Flag kent

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp2

I'm on leedroid 7.4.3 with stock kernel and HK and have tried dolby atmos 6.2, 6.3, 6.5 and non of them show moving equalizers no FC, but doesn't work for me. No difference in sound

Use gamers version in my op mate.

Sent from my M8
27th June 2015, 09:22 PM |#554  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Hi everybody! (I sound like Dr. Nick)

I started to read this thread in November, downloaded the HK mod, then got distracted, lollipop came out, and now I have basic Lollipop stock (rooted + S- off) and I am really confused because I'm trying to get a consensus on the right mods, but now this thread is too deep in detail (by the time I get to page 36 or so).

I don't want to be that guy who looks for the easy way without reading...But if I just have stock with boomsound and would like to have both the native speakers sound a bit better (if possible)...but more importantly, audio out. In other words, when I plug a 3/4" headphone jack into the phone that goes to stereo RCA cables (and to a stereo), I was hoping for a little better sound. I noticed the poor quality sound using Spotify (and I have tried some EQs from the Play store...But haven't found anything that really improves the sound).

Usually, in the past, if I ever did anything like this, I would use my old iPod classic with the 3/4" Jack which splits to stereo EVA cables, and I don't know if it is the built in EQ on the iPod, but the dynamic range and frequency range is considerably superior when I listen to music this way through the iPod...

I'll make a back up now, but if anyone can suggest either a mod, an app, or an EQ to liven up this audio-out when I run it to my stereo (or even boost the lows/highs adequately just with the native m8 speakers if that's all I can do)...I'd be grateful for any suggestions. I have ear buds, but to be honest, I'm always in such a loud environment, headphone sound is not a priority... It's mostly for "audio-out" or anything that might improve the native speakers (like an EQ app).

But I just want to remind anyone who responds that I'm on stock...stock ROM, and stock kernel.

Thank you!! I really appreciate any thought someone gives this.
Last edited by syntropic; 27th June 2015 at 09:28 PM.
27th June 2015, 10:31 PM |#555  
OP Senior Member
Flag kent

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntropic

Hi everybody! (I sound like Dr. Nick)

I started to read this thread in November, downloaded the HK mod, then got distracted, lollipop came out, and now I have basic Lollipop stock (rooted + S- off) and I am really confused because I'm trying to get a consensus on the right mods, but now this thread is too deep in detail (by the time I get to page 36 or so).

I don't want to be that guy who looks for the easy way without reading...But if I just have stock with boomsound and would like to have both the native speakers sound a bit better (if possible)...but more importantly, audio out. In other words, when I plug a 3/4" headphone jack into the phone that goes to stereo RCA cables (and to a stereo), I was hoping for a little better sound. I noticed the poor quality sound using Spotify (and I have tried some EQs from the Play store...But haven't found anything that really improves the sound).

Usually, in the past, if I ever did anything like this, I would use my old iPod classic with the 3/4" Jack which splits to stereo EVA cables, and I don't know if it is the built in EQ on the iPod, but the dynamic range and frequency range is considerably superior when I listen to music this way through the iPod...

I'll make a back up now, but if anyone can suggest either a mod, an app, or an EQ to liven up this audio-out when I run it to my stereo (or even boost the lows/highs adequately just with the native m8 speakers if that's all I can do)...I'd be grateful for any suggestions. I have ear buds, but to be honest, I'm always in such a loud environment, headphone sound is not a priority... It's mostly for "audio-out" or anything that might improve the native speakers (like an EQ app).

But I just want to remind anyone who responds that I'm on stock...stock ROM, and stock kernel.

Thank you!! I really appreciate any thought someone gives this.

Mate tbh I think if I understand correctly first you should install a custom kernel like hypernova quantum or lyapota for the kernel level sound enhancements, you will need an app like faux sound then use hk for they best possible quality fort M8, hk has its own surround effect but you can use Dolby digital plus, with or without surround effect as it also has a volume boost,
You can use v4a to further tweak everything to your preference and I would also recommend xhifi for extra clarity.
You can find everything in my opinion mate I hope this helps.
Any questions just ask.

Sent from my M8
29th June 2015, 03:45 AM |#556  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeejaytee

Mate tbh I think if I understand correctly first you should install a custom kernel like hypernova quantum or lyapota for the kernel level sound enhancements, you will need an app like faux sound then use hk for they best possible quality fort M8, hk has its own surround effect but you can use Dolby digital plus, with or without surround effect as it also has a volume boost,
You can use v4a to further tweak everything to your preference and I would also recommend xhifi for extra clarity.
You can find everything in my opinion mate I hope this helps.
Any questions just ask.

Sent from my M8

Thank you!

So basically an upgraded kernel is the first step... I don't mind, and provided no one has had any complaints about those kernels you mentioned, I'm sure they're fine.... I was just going to stick with stock until I can't stand sense anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to syntropic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2015, 07:59 AM |#557  
OP Senior Member
Flag kent

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntropic

Thank you!

So basically an upgraded kernel is the first step... I don't mind, and provided no one has had any complaints about those kernels you mentioned, I'm sure they're fine.... I was just going to stick with stock until I can't stand sense anymore.

The 3 kernels I mentioned are great you won't have a problem.

Sent from my M8
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread