Unlock all bands of your Qualcomm device! Use your phone globally!

Search This thread

JEANRIVERA

Mar 30, 2007
Nazareth, PA
HTC U12+
ASUS ROG Phone 3
this is just a copy paste from original thread located http://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/thread-progress-please-leave-im-updating-t2871269 by @olokos

You do everything here at your own risk. I take no responsibility for any broken devices/sdcards/your house going down on fire and everything else.

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR THESE FILES!

Requirements:
root
ability to use mouse and keyboard
terminal emulator on your phone

What do you get for doing this?
Propably you'll be able to use a lot more bands than before. Most likely your phone will work on every place in the world now.

Check the third post for a link to OPO guide ;)

C6903
before
LVA6VNn.png

after
A2AuaxV.png

1. Download this zip http://d-h.st/0Me
2. Extract it and install QPST from that zip
3. Open the caller app and type in *#*#8778#*#* (it should go off the screen after you type in the last symbol "*"
3.5 Those on custom roms (tested on cyanogen 11 with s4 mini) can use the efs professional toolkit to change the mode to enable the diag port.(Thanks @blackburn !)
4. Connect your phone to your PC
5. Open ADB console
6. Type in these commands:
Code:
adb shell
su
setprop persist.usb.eng 1
7. Turn off USB Debugging, Disconnect your phone from the PC
8. Wait about 10 seconds (don't have to be exact, just let it all disconnect in the PC) and turn USB Debugging back on
10. Connect it back to the PC. It should try to install drivers. Wait until it fails to install all of them.
11. Open device manager - you will see your device model a few times. Go to details tab. Scroll down a single time on that tab. You will see MI_0x there.
12. Go through those devices until you find MI_04 under the second drop down position.
13. Select "update driver" for this device and install the htc driver from the zip.
14. Press start button and navigate to QPST -> QPST Configuration
15. Go back to device manager -> modems -> HTC
16. Find "COM*" in my case it was "COM3". It might be different for you.
17. In QPST Configuration click on "Add new port" and in "Port" type in your "COM*". In my case It's "COM3" in there. In Port label it could be anyting u want. In my case I used a Z1 so I typed IN "Z1".
18. It should look like this now.
19. Navigate to QPST/bin and open RV_NV_Manager.exe
20. press on settings -> Comport and choose your COM port.
21. Press on file -> read from phone
22. Wait patiently until it is finished. Now pay attention!
23. Go to line 1877, click it and copy the decimal number on the right side of a programme. right click - copy
24. Go to the place where you extracted the zip from the first step and start mzTool
25. On the left side you will see "Input radix" - press decimal there.
26. On the right side you will see "RF BC CONFIG" paste your previously copied number from the RV_NV_Manager.exe there.
27. You will see now what bands are you able to use on the bottom of the app in "Bit information"
28. Switch tab to "Band Preference (NV Value)"
29. In there select all GSM bands and WCDMA bands. This place is really a field of testing. In my case (C6903 LTE) I selected all of GSM and WCDMA. I wouldn't suggest you to do anyting else in here unless you know what your'e doing. Let me know if you got something interesting in there. :)
30. After you're done choosing what bands do you want - copy decimal number from the bottom right
31. Remove all commas from that number ( "," ) so it would be just a bunch of numbers without anything else.
32. Open RV_NV_Manager.exe from the point you left it (step 23) and paste your new number without commas "," there.
33. Press on write NV and then press on file ->write changed NV to the phone.
34. Open up the terminal emulator on your phone and write there this:
Code:
su
setprop persist.usb.eng 0
35. Reboot the device and hope you'll have the reception. If you do, hooray!
36. Type in *#*#SERVICE#*#* (*#*#7378423#*#*) to see your new bands that your phone can use!

If your phone can't boot then flash stock FTF to your device and you should have your reception back!

Enjoy! :)

I wanted to mention that I'm just the guy that was interested in this and the person that actually made it possible is @BlackSoulxxx all thanks go to him! He's the guy that did it! Please thank him in the second post!

If you have any problems or issues here's some help from other users http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55321344&postcount=3

Tested on: ZU, Z1,SP,Xperia TL,Sharp-DOCOMO Aquos Zeta SH-04F

JEANRIVERA

Mar 30, 2007
Nazareth, PA
HTC U12+
ASUS ROG Phone 3
more info

Nexus connection
1. Remove all installed drivers.
2. Install LG United Mobile Driver
3. Enable debugging and install adb driver if it's not automatically installed.
4. Using adb issue the following commands on a separate line
Code:
adb shell
su
setprop sys.usb.config diag, adb
5. Your phone should start installing drivers, once installed under Ports in device manager there should be (* indicates a number):
  • LGE AndroidNet for Diagnostics Port (COM*)
  • LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM*)
Thanks for that @CHAMAVELI !

One Plus One guide

bloodhawk

Mar 12, 2010
San Francisco Bay Area
Ok for some reason this

Code:

was not working with my M8, i tried it with the stock rooted ROM and ARHD 11.1 .

What did work for me was -

Code:
On:
su
echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/android_usb/android0/f_diag/on

Off:
su
echo 0 > /sys/devices/virtual/android_usb/android0/f_diag/on

Also, the *#*#SERVICE#*#* does nothing for me.

Any other way to check the available bands?

My device is an US unlocked BS_US001 device.

And even after changing the writing the settings, the changed decimal value isnt written.

Last edited:

JEANRIVERA

Mar 30, 2007
Nazareth, PA
HTC U12+
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Ok for some reason this

Code:

was not working with my M8, i tried it with the stock rooted ROM and ARHD 11.1 .

What did work for me was -

Code:
On:
su

Off:
su
echo 0 > /sys/devices/virtual/android_usb/android0/f_diag/on

Also, the *#*#SERVICE#*#* does nothing for me.

Any other way to check the available bands?

My device is an US unlocked BS_US001 device.

And even after changing the writing the settings, the changed decimal value isnt written.

Try *#*#4636#*#*

sapplegater

Apr 26, 2011
Florence, KY
I know myself as far as I can get is to the writing the NV value, there has been a user with a HTC M8 on verizon that has had success... Hopefully that means we can do it too. T-Mobile just activated LTE on Band 2 in my area and hoping I can activate it.

D

Darth

The app mentioned in this thread has had its link removed and is banned from XDA. In care you didn't notice.

Dangerous thread it seems. ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is just a copy paste from original thread located http://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/thread-progress-please-leave-im-updating-t2871269 by @olokos

You do everything here at your own risk. I take no responsibility for any broken devices/sdcards/your house going down on fire and everything else.

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR THESE FILES!

Requirements:
    root
    ability to use mouse and keyboard
    terminal emulator on your phone

What do you get for doing this?
    Propably you'll be able to use a lot more bands than before. Most likely your phone will work on every place in the world now.

Check the third post for a link to OPO guide ;)

C6903
    before
    LVA6VNn.png

after
    A2AuaxV.png

1. Download this zip http://d-h.st/0Me
    2. Extract it and install QPST from that zip
    3. Open the caller app and type in *#*#8778#*#* (it should go off the screen after you type in the last symbol "*"
    3.5 Those on custom roms (tested on cyanogen 11 with s4 mini) can use the efs professional toolkit to change the mode to enable the diag port.(Thanks @blackburn !)
    4. Connect your phone to your PC
    5. Open ADB console
    6. Type in these commands:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    7. Turn off USB Debugging, Disconnect your phone from the PC
    8. Wait about 10 seconds (don't have to be exact, just let it all disconnect in the PC) and turn USB Debugging back on
    10. Connect it back to the PC. It should try to install drivers. Wait until it fails to install all of them.
    11. Open device manager - you will see your device model a few times. Go to details tab. Scroll down a single time on that tab. You will see MI_0x there.
    12. Go through those devices until you find MI_04 under the second drop down position.
    13. Select "update driver" for this device and install the htc driver from the zip.
    14. Press start button and navigate to QPST -> QPST Configuration
    15. Go back to device manager -> modems -> HTC
    16. Find "COM*" in my case it was "COM3". It might be different for you.
    17. In QPST Configuration click on "Add new port" and in "Port" type in your "COM*". In my case It's "COM3" in there. In Port label it could be anyting u want. In my case I used a Z1 so I typed IN "Z1".
    18. It should look like this now.
    19. Navigate to QPST/bin and open RV_NV_Manager.exe
    20. press on settings -> Comport and choose your COM port.
    21. Press on file -> read from phone
    22. Wait patiently until it is finished. Now pay attention!
    23. Go to line 1877, click it and copy the decimal number on the right side of a programme. right click - copy
    24. Go to the place where you extracted the zip from the first step and start mzTool
    25. On the left side you will see "Input radix" - press decimal there.
    26. On the right side you will see "RF BC CONFIG" paste your previously copied number from the RV_NV_Manager.exe there.
    27. You will see now what bands are you able to use on the bottom of the app in "Bit information"
    28. Switch tab to "Band Preference (NV Value)"
    29. In there select all GSM bands and WCDMA bands. This place is really a field of testing. In my case (C6903 LTE) I selected all of GSM and WCDMA. I wouldn't suggest you to do anyting else in here unless you know what your'e doing. Let me know if you got something interesting in there. :)
    30. After you're done choosing what bands do you want - copy decimal number from the bottom right
    31. Remove all commas from that number ( "," ) so it would be just a bunch of numbers without anything else.
    32. Open RV_NV_Manager.exe from the point you left it (step 23) and paste your new number without commas "," there.
    33. Press on write NV and then press on file ->write changed NV to the phone.
    34. Open up the terminal emulator on your phone and write there this:
    Code:
    su
    setprop persist.usb.eng 0
    35. Reboot the device and hope you'll have the reception. If you do, hooray!
    36. Type in *#*#SERVICE#*#* (*#*#7378423#*#*) to see your new bands that your phone can use!

If your phone can't boot then flash stock FTF to your device and you should have your reception back!

Enjoy! :)

I wanted to mention that I'm just the guy that was interested in this and the person that actually made it possible is @BlackSoulxxx all thanks go to him! He's the guy that did it! Please thank him in the second post!

If you have any problems or issues here's some help from other users http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55321344&postcount=3

Tested on: ZU, Z1,SP,Xperia TL,Sharp-DOCOMO Aquos Zeta SH-04F
    I Couldn't get it either. Pc just saw it as the m8 mtp nothing less nothing more.

I've been able to get it to see the Diag port jsut can't get the NV value to write. If you install the htc drivers and enter this in cmd prmpt should help ya:

Code:
    adb sideload
    su
    Has anyone been able to unlock bands 3 or 4?
    As far as I've seen only one person has been successful at all with the M8 and it was a Verizon variant.

I've tried as well on a Dev edition m8, same situation....nothing will write to the phone. Maybe I need to roll an xp box to do this....
    Can't do it in a European version (same whiperhack's version and problem)