[Q] Android Revolution HD 10.2 boot animation

OP Maverick07r6

24th August 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Syracuse
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
More
Anyone have any information on installing some sort of boot animation to the M8 running ARHD 10.2? Currently it takes a few minutes to fully boot and stays on the HTC development warning screen the entire time. I actually have to press the power button or screen to get it past this screen after a few minutes, otherwise it just stays there.
24th August 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 90

354 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick07r6

Anyone have any information on installing some sort of boot animation to the M8 running ARHD 10.2? Currently it takes a few minutes to fully boot and stays on the HTC development warning screen the entire time. I actually have to press the power button or screen to get it past this screen after a few minutes, otherwise it just stays there.

I can't think of how often I see those posts anymore.

I'd guess you are not on a FW version 2.22.xxx, am I right?. The boot animation is - as I'm quiet sure - correctly installed but not showing as ARHD is designed to work wit FW 2.22.xxx, but not with any FW below this.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HTCNerdYoda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #3  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 17

158 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCNerdYoda

I can't think of how often I see those posts anymore.

I'd guess you are not on a FW version 2.22.xxx, am I right?. The boot animation is - as I'm quiet sure - correctly installed but not showing as ARHD is designed to work wit FW 2.22.xxx, but not with any FW below this.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

I've actually got the same issue with the boot screen and I'm running FW version 2.22.401.4, so that may not be the issue at hand.

It is a real pain though, it's slow to boot and only goes through to the homescreen after the screen times out (at first boot I thought the phone had bricked until I head a notification sound).
26th August 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Syracuse
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
More
[QUOTE=HTCNerdYoda;55017763]I can't think of how often I see those posts anymore.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app[/

~~Looks like you were right on this, at least for me... I sunshine'd & updated the firmware, I still get the development boot screen but only for a couple seconds and then the boot animation runs. Thanks!
Last edited by Maverick07r6; 26th August 2014 at 03:07 PM.
26th August 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #5  
Flag Cologne

354 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick07r6

Looks like you were right on this, at least for me... I sunshine'd & updated the firmware, I still get the development boot screen but only for a couple seconds and then the boot animation runs. Thanks!

Glad it worked and that I was of help for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ van Beethoven

I've actually got the same issue with the boot screen and I'm running FW version 2.22.401.4, so that may not be the issue at hand.

It is a real pain though, it's slow to boot and only goes through to the homescreen after the screen times out (at first boot I thought the phone had bricked until I head a notification sound).

So then lets have a closer look on that.

You are running FW2.22.401.4, meaning HBoot 3.18 an Radio 1.19!? And you are ruinning ARHD 10.2 as the OP of this thread does. So according to your setup all should be fine and booting fast, but it doesn't.

May I ask where you got the firmware from an what your CID/MID actually are?
Last edited by HTCNerdYoda; 26th August 2014 at 03:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to HTCNerdYoda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,295

7,549 posts
Quote:

This can't be checked in Settings>About, so if that is where you are getting the information from, its not necessarily correct.

Firmware in fact does not have a real "number"; although we will often refer to the software (OS) number the firmware deployed with.

The only way to really confirm you have updated firmware, is to check hboot number and radio as mentioned above.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 02:16 AM   |  #7  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 17

158 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCNerdYoda

Glad it worked and that I was of help for you!

So then lets have a closer look on that.

You are running FW2.22.401.4, meaning HBoot 3.18 an Radio 1.19!? And you are ruinning ARHD 10.2 as the OP of this thread does. So according to your setup all should be fine and booting fast, but it doesn't.

May I ask where you got the firmware from an what your CID/MID actually are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

This can't be checked in Settings>About, so if that is where you are getting the information from, its not necessarily correct.

Firmware in fact does not have a real "number"; although we will often refer to the software (OS) number the firmware deployed with.

The only way to really confirm you have updated firmware, is to check hboot number and radio as mentioned above.

Cheers, relatively new to HTC phones so wasn't aware of the differences.

CID is VODAP021, Hboot is 3.16 and Radio is 1.16 so looks like I'm not on the latest version after all?
27th August 2014, 09:34 AM   |  #8  
Flag Cologne

354 posts
More
Quote:

Cheers, relatively new to HTC phones so wasn't aware of the differences.

CID is VODAP021, Hboot is 3.16 and Radio is 1.16 so looks like I'm not on the latest version after all?

That's right. It's the HBoot and radio corresponding to the software number 1.54.xxx.xx.

To run e.g. ROMs such as ARHD and ViperOne you need to flash the firmware corresponding to the software number 2.22.xxx.x, as I mention just in one of my first posts in this thread.
27th August 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,295

7,549 posts
More info and link to instructions on how to update the firmware are here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=9592

If you didn't do it this way (or already got a software 2.xx OTA or came from factory that way) then you are not on the new firmware.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread