Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,503 Members 37,207 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T no boot animation after flashing ViperOne

Tip us?
 
Fallen Advocate
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Alabama
Default AT&T no boot animation after flashing ViperOne

I am unlocked, rooted, s-off and running 4.3 on my AT&T m8. I recently flashed Viper One, which was my first ROM on this phone, and I no longer have a boot animation, for a while I thought I was stuck on the boot screen but it turns out that I have no boot animation. When I restart my phone all I get is the red text screen, lasts for maybe 3-4 minutes and then the screen turns off when the phone has booted. I asked in the Venom IRC and no one seemed to know what the problem was, so I just thought I would ask here. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it, thanks!
 
HTCNerdYoda
Old
#2  
HTCNerdYoda's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 74
Posts: 304
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Cologne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Advocate View Post
I am unlocked, rooted, s-off and running 4.3 on my AT&T m8. I recently flashed Viper One, which was my first ROM on this phone, and I no longer have a boot animation, for a while I thought I was stuck on the boot screen but it turns out that I have no boot animation. When I restart my phone all I get is the red text screen, lasts for maybe 3-4 minutes and then the screen turns off when the phone has booted. I asked in the Venom IRC and no one seemed to know what the problem was, so I just thought I would ask here. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it, thanks!
Question I really read a lot.

As the ROM thread of Viper One states it is designed for FW 2.22.401.x Did you flash the newest FW? If yes you should have a boot animation.


Hit "Thanks" if I was if any help

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Mobile: One M8 Gunmetal: UNLOCK - S-OFF (SunShine) - WWE
CID: HTC__001 (T-MOB101)
MID: 0P6B10000
HBoot: 3.18
FW: 2.22.401.5 (1.70.111.1)
Radio: 1.19.21331147A1
ROM: Stock - SuperSU
Recovery: Stock

Retired: Desire (CWM, Cyanogen), Sensation (Unlocked, S-On, CWM, root), One X (Unlocked, TWRP, Cyanogen), One (M7) (firewater S-Off, TWRP, ViperOne), Moto G (Unlocked, S-On, CWM, CM11), One (M8) GER Silver (SunShine S-Off, TWRP, ViperOne 2.2.0).
 
Fallen Advocate
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCNerdYoda View Post
Question I really read a lot.

As the ROM thread of Viper One states it is designed for FW 2.22.401.x Did you flash the newest FW? If yes you should have a boot animation.


Hit "Thanks" if I was if any help

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Yes I am on 2.22.401.4, that seemed to be what the people in the IRC seemed to think as well. I have considered going to 2.22.1540.3 and trying again but haven't had time to do so yet.
 
HTCNerdYoda
Old
#4  
HTCNerdYoda's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 74
Posts: 304
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Cologne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Advocate View Post
Yes I am on 2.22.401.4, that seemed to be what the people in the IRC seemed to think as well. I have considered going to 2.22.1540.3 and trying again but haven't had time to do so yet.
Would be with a try.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Mobile: One M8 Gunmetal: UNLOCK - S-OFF (SunShine) - WWE
CID: HTC__001 (T-MOB101)
MID: 0P6B10000
HBoot: 3.18
FW: 2.22.401.5 (1.70.111.1)
Radio: 1.19.21331147A1
ROM: Stock - SuperSU
Recovery: Stock

Retired: Desire (CWM, Cyanogen), Sensation (Unlocked, S-On, CWM, root), One X (Unlocked, TWRP, Cyanogen), One (M7) (firewater S-Off, TWRP, ViperOne), Moto G (Unlocked, S-On, CWM, CM11), One (M8) GER Silver (SunShine S-Off, TWRP, ViperOne 2.2.0).
 
redpoint73
Old
(Last edited by redpoint73; 19th August 2014 at 04:06 PM.)
#5  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,985
Posts: 6,753
Join Date: Oct 2007
Please don't posts multiple threads asking the same question. I answered your question and attempted to help you here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...lling-t2849818

Did you manually flash firmware with fastboot? If not, you are not on the new 2.22 firmware. Also check your hboot, if on the new firmware, it will be 3.18.

Otherwise, 2.22.1540 firmware is recommended for US users, so flash it.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes