Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 45,264 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bad reception?

Tip us?

BrandonShea
Old
(Last edited by BrandonShea; 3rd July 2014 at 04:12 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Bad reception?

Hey guys:

Pretty simple question. Traded my LG G2 for an HTC One M8 to someone here locally. Loving it so far.

problem is my room is downstairs in a house and down there I get 1 maybe 2 bars. On my G2 id be able to text no problem, on the M8 'most' texts send, but the recipient gets a lot of dupes and it comes up saying error not sent.

Just curious if anyone else had the same issue. Eastern Canadian running on the Telus network

EDIT: I also purchased a nano SIM from my work(staples) and activated it myself through their site and the phones network setting. Wondering if that is what the issue is?

Sir-Fix-a-Lot
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonShea View Post
Hey guys:

Pretty simple question. Traded my LG G2 for an HTC One M8 to someone here locally. Loving it so far.

problem is my room is downstairs in a house and down there I get 1 maybe 2 bars. On my G2 id be able to text no problem, on the M8 'most' texts send, but the recipient gets a lot of dupes and it comes up saying error not sent.

Just curious if anyone else had the same issue. Eastern Canadian running on the Telus network

EDIT: I also purchased a nano SIM from my work(staples) and activated it myself through their site and the phones network setting. Wondering if that is what the issue is?
I have reception issues as well, and we aren't the only ones.

BrandonShea
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Fix-a-Lot View Post
I have reception issues as well, and we aren't the only ones.
damn