[Q] Baseband unknown problem

OP krismach

28th August 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Ive tried to update baseband of my AT&T m8 to Taiwan radio, and after successful flashing it shows correct Taiwan radio on fastboot, but in about phone it shows unknown for baseband, and can't connect to anything and the phone reboots every few minutes.

The phone is unlocked has s-off and has supercid 11111111

Thankfully I did a backup of my AT&T radio before and was able to restore it, and it works. But I would like to try Taiwan radio since I'm going to be here for a year.

Also what I noticed which might not be related is that I couldn't flash radio using recovery, could only do it fastboot/adb method.
28th August 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 89

347 posts
More
Well radio, hboot and recovery can only be flashed using fastboot. Thus will never work in recovery, as recovery can just install the corresponding OS.

Regarding the radio you wanted to try. Could be the OS is not designed to work with the Taiwan radio bands, or AT&T doesn't work with them in the region you're in at the moment. Another guess is, that the whole rest of your firmware, as well as you current stock ROM don't support the radio and you thus won't be abled to use it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by HTCNerdYoda; 28th August 2014 at 08:50 AM.
28th August 2014, 09:26 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Is there a way to tell if a radio is supported by the ROM? I'm running ARHD 10.2, which is based on 4.4.3 stock rom 2.220.401.4. Or should I look for roms for Taiwan version of m8?

Thanks for your reply as it totally makes sense. Just it's strange they included recovery method in the radio thread, they should remove it to make it less confusing.
Last edited by krismach; 28th August 2014 at 09:32 AM.
28th August 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 979

3,673 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismach

Ive tried to update baseband of my AT&T m8 to Taiwan radio, and after successful flashing it shows correct Taiwan radio on fastboot, but in about phone it shows unknown for baseband, and can't connect to anything and the phone reboots every few minutes.

The phone is unlocked has s-off and has supercid 11111111

Thankfully I did a backup of my AT&T radio before and was able to restore it, and it works. But I would like to try Taiwan radio since I'm going to be here for a year.

Also what I noticed which might not be related is that I couldn't flash radio using recovery, could only do it fastboot/adb method.

Right, so you installed a radio that was designed for different hardware and it caused problems. Experiment successfully completed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread