No registration required

[Q] HTC ONE M8 mirrorlink?

OP toddc

5th July 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
hello.

iv got a M8 and i am looking at getting a sony Sony XAV-712BT head unit for my car , the Sony XAV-712BT is a mirrorlink unit and i am looking at this unit to be able to connect my phone via mirrorlink and use the google maps from my phone on my headunit,

can any one here tell me if the M8 is a mirrorlink approved device, every list iv looked at says that the only android phone is the S3 and the S4mini but i have seen this you tube vid ( search youtube for, HTC 2014 ONE M8 Mirrorlink with Sony XAV 701 Car Audio ) that shows a M8 connected to the unit down from the one im looking at buying,

i have also read this review by madco.com which hints to say that the one m8 does have mirrorlink

he says about 3/4s the way down.

"HTC Car is present as always, with big, easy to use buttons for navigation, dialer, music and voice control. I have to say that iíve never really used the car app very much and iíve never really felt it necessary, up until recently. Iíve seen the futureÖ and itís awesome. Itís called ĎMirrorLinkí.

MirrorLink is a technology (run by an independent consortium) which is looking to bring enhanced device integration to cars. The premise is that youíll plug your phone into a USB port in your car (or, in MirrorLink 1.1, connect via WiFi Direct) and your car stereoís screen will replicate your phone screen. Touches on your carís infotainment screen will be replicated on your phone. HTC had a demo of the functionality in a Golf GTI on their stand at MWC and it looks fantastic. This is how I want phone integration in my car, I donít want any OS in the car itself (*cough* iOS in the car *cough*) and the M8 supports it. Now, if only I can get support on the stereo in my carÖ"

but when i look at every other review or the specs listed anywhere it dosnt say that it does support mirrorlink

can anyone confirm if the M8 works with mirrorlink headunits units?
5th July 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #2  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 857

5,684 posts
More
My M8 is working fine with my samsung smart TV using mirror link with wifi, just go to settings-media output and voila
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread