FORUMS

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Bluetooth Issue's with Garmin Vivosmart

901 posts
Thanks Meter: 119

By wakers, Senior Member on 4th April 2015, 07:43 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Not sure anyone will be able to help with this appreciate its a long shot, i've bought a Garmin Vivosmart fitness tracker and it connects to the phone via Bluetooth, now it all works mint except if i go out of range with the bluetooth the phone and garmin are supposed to reconnect automatically but it doesn't i have to unpair and then repair which isn't the end of the world but is a pain in the backside, looking on the garmin forums lots of people with M8's saying the same so there seems to be an issue with the way HTC - Garmin bluetooth works, some phones seem to work perfect (as in other android phones) so it doesn't seem a generic android-garmin issue, just wondering if anyone has had the same issue with any other bluetooth equipment and managed to find a cure ?

also if anyone know if custom roms mess about with bluetooth and the way it works, tempted to try an AOSP rom or CM to see if the bluetooth works properly but i do like sense so would prefer to stick with what i got, using Insertcoins Sense 7 rom, might go back to official sense 6 and see if that works also...

thanks for any suggestions...

11th May 2015, 10:56 AM |#2  
Flag Aalst
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakers

Not sure anyone will be able to help with this appreciate its a long shot, i've bought a Garmin Vivosmart fitness tracker and it connects to the phone via Bluetooth, now it all works mint except if i go out of range with the bluetooth the phone and garmin are supposed to reconnect automatically but it doesn't i have to unpair and then repair which isn't the end of the world but is a pain in the backside, looking on the garmin forums lots of people with M8's saying the same so there seems to be an issue with the way HTC - Garmin bluetooth works, some phones seem to work perfect (as in other android phones) so it doesn't seem a generic android-garmin issue, just wondering if anyone has had the same issue with any other bluetooth equipment and managed to find a cure ?

also if anyone know if custom roms mess about with bluetooth and the way it works, tempted to try an AOSP rom or CM to see if the bluetooth works properly but i do like sense so would prefer to stick with what i got, using Insertcoins Sense 7 rom, might go back to official sense 6 and see if that works also...

It worked fine for me with KitKat.
Friday evening I upgraded to LolliPop. (Did a clean install, no data restore from backup)
Since then I have the same problem. Once you lose your Bluetooth connection it won't reconnect anymore.
You have to unpair and the repair in order to be connected again. A real pain in the ass, as I use it only for the notifications on the bracelet.
11th May 2015, 07:04 PM |#3  
Flag LaCrosse, WI
Thanks Meter: 88

More
I have had a Vivosmart since the week they came out. I had a lot of the BT issues the first few months (mainly due to their software being released before it was really production ready) but has been fine since. I'm rooted and have ran a few different roms without an issue. Currently I'm using SkyDragon's Sense 7 rom. I haven't had to pair to my phone due to disconnects for at least a couple months. Are you pairing from with-in the Connect app? At one time the pairing was done via the regular android BT devices but they got rid of that and now pair from the app only. So technically your Vivosmart shouldn't ever show up on the list of installed/connected BT devices because it's only paired from the Connect app. I'm sure you've been on the garmin forum but if you haven't or someone else reading this hasn't it's here https://forums.garmin.com/forumdispl...?478-vivosmart. I've seen posts over there about m8 users having problems but don't remember reading if anyone was able to get the problem fixed and what they did. It doesn't make sense that it works for some (like me).
Last edited by henderjr; 11th May 2015 at 07:15 PM.
11th May 2015, 08:02 PM |#4  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello,

I have same problem with Garmin Fenix 3. Apparently there is some bug in HTC ONE M8 Android 5.0.1

I am able to connect and connection is quite stable but watch wont reconnect automatically.
Usually it will reconnect once you reset BT on phone and than on watch. But its quite annoying so I am also looking for solutions. Any idea? Ive tried to add watch to trusted device under smart lock but its not working either. I know most Garmin devices worked on previous version of android on HTC ONE M8 but with Lollipop its bugged..
26th June 2015, 08:55 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakers

G'day wakers,

I have had exactly the same problem with my m8. I also have only used insertcoin rom which may be part of the problem as I have an identical m8 with stock lollipop (never unlocked or rooted) and it has no problems with the vivosmart or Garmin Fenix BLE connection.

I have since sold my m8 and traded up to an m9, which is still stock, but I'm reluctant to flash custom Rom as the Bluetooth works perfectly... On the other hand, stock roms drive me mental with bloatware and ads.

If you try another Rom I'd be very interested to hear how you go...as it may give me some confidence to unlock my brand new m9.

Cheers.
26th June 2015, 10:49 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by great_lumbuey

G'day wakers,

I have had exactly the same problem with my m8. I also have only used insertcoin rom which may be part of the problem as I have an identical m8 with stock lollipop (never unlocked or rooted) and it has no problems with the vivosmart or Garmin Fenix BLE connection.

I have since sold my m8 and traded up to an m9, which is still stock, but I'm reluctant to flash custom Rom as the Bluetooth works perfectly... On the other hand, stock roms drive me mental with bloatware and ads.

If you try another Rom I'd be very interested to hear how you go...as it may give me some confidence to unlock my brand new m9.

Cheers.

Cheers for the reply i might try a few different rom's i presumed that lollipop was the issue from what your saying maybe not then i'll let you know...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread