Ask a question

No registration required

Unhappy M8 needs to be sent back to HTC

OP darkphoenix2012

22nd July 2014, 05:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

134 posts
So I followed available instructions as close as possible in the Stickied thread under development, but I'm not sure my M8 is 100% stock now.

I unfortunately have to send the device back as the Charge Controller on this motherboard is faulty and the phone won't charge properly. As I said I followed all instructions, but I noticed a SS for the verizon boot loader and my CID does not appear there at all... I set it to the VZW__001 with fastboot-RUU mode but that line of text is completely absent from my bootloader screen.

Would an update have caused this to go away? I don't recall ever updating the firmware. How can I be 100% sure it appears to be a non-tampered with device? I cannot tell you how disappointed I was to find out this phone had a faulty motherboard after having to recharge it for the first time. I bought it and it was fully charged, rooted it, and all was well until I had to plug it in before bed, only to find it less than what it was before sleeping.

I tried repeating available steps, and reflashed everything I had downloaded to unroot and return to stock. Any help is appreciated.
22nd July 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

134 posts
I have to send it back Wednesday this week. If anyone has any idea as to how to correct this I'm all ears.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread