Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,512 Members 41,815 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

M8 needs to be sent back to HTC

Tip us?

darkphoenix2012
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Unhappy M8 needs to be sent back to HTC

So I followed available instructions as close as possible in the Stickied thread under development, but I'm not sure my M8 is 100% stock now.

I unfortunately have to send the device back as the Charge Controller on this motherboard is faulty and the phone won't charge properly. As I said I followed all instructions, but I noticed a SS for the verizon boot loader and my CID does not appear there at all... I set it to the VZW__001 with fastboot-RUU mode but that line of text is completely absent from my bootloader screen.

Would an update have caused this to go away? I don't recall ever updating the firmware. How can I be 100% sure it appears to be a non-tampered with device? I cannot tell you how disappointed I was to find out this phone had a faulty motherboard after having to recharge it for the first time. I bought it and it was fully charged, rooted it, and all was well until I had to plug it in before bed, only to find it less than what it was before sleeping.

I tried repeating available steps, and reflashed everything I had downloaded to unroot and return to stock. Any help is appreciated.

darkphoenix2012
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I have to send it back Wednesday this week. If anyone has any idea as to how to correct this I'm all ears.