Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Dev edition m8 doesn't get 4.4.3 OTA

OP davidquesada

23rd August 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

101 posts
More
Hi all,

I'm sending my phone back to HTC becuase since day one it's been presenting issues (loose screen, the volume button is saggy and ultimatly what made me send it back, the camera seems to be having issues, I get the "you are blocking the secondary camera" message, when I'm not, and the camera can't focus correctly making the pictures extreamly blurry.
anyways, I'm getting the phone ready to sent it back, I flashed 1.54.401.5 firmware and went back to my old nandroid backup which was in 4.4.2, I flashed the stock recovery 1.12.1540.17 and the CID to the original one BS_US002.
I did a factory reset in the stock recovery and set up the phone, however I'm not getting the OTA for 4.4.3 and I have no idea what I'm missing...
any help would be highly appreciated.

ps: I used this as reference.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2710735
Last edited by davidquesada; 23rd August 2014 at 12:12 AM.
23rd August 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,779

14,275 posts
Donate to Me
I think it's kinda strange to flash the 1.12.1540 stock recovery on a 1.54.401 firmware ?! Weird huh....because they don't match.....but......that has nothing to do wether you get update notifications ! You should get them wether they can be installed or not. But the combo recovery + nand will not work to official install of the ota
23rd August 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

101 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

I think it's kinda strange to flash the 1.12.1540 stock recovery on a 1.54.401 firmware ?! Weird huh....because they don't match.....but......that has nothing to do wether you get update notifications ! You should get them wether they can be installed or not. But the combo recovery + nand will not work to official install of the ota

thank you so much for your reply, I flashed the matching recovery, but still the update is not showing up, do you have any suggestions?
I'm downloading the stock nandroid listed in your nandroid backup thread for BS_US002 just to double check...
23rd August 2014, 07:13 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,779

14,275 posts
Donate to Me
I think you need a different firmware. If you have the dev edition model that is originally on .1540 you can't do it via a 401 firmware.
23rd August 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 767

1,745 posts
More
My dev edition doesn't get 4.4.3 update either. All stock except unlocked s-off
24th August 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #6  

46 posts
Angry
Here a workaround for the ones interested:

1- Make sure MID and CID match, for the developer edition you have it should be:

MID: 0P6B12000
CID: BS_US002

If they match then you can download a stock nandroid and the firmware here.

2- Wipe evertying using TWRP and then restore the nand you´ve downloaded from the link above

3- Reboot your phone into booloader and then flash the firmware

4- I would advise you to clean the cache once you install the firmware in bootloader

5- Do a full factory restore from the bootloader, your phone should reboot by itself afterwards

In case you need it:

In order to flash the firmware you have to type Fastboot oem rebootRUU in bootloader mode then you will see an HTC grey logo, there you will have to type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip. Make sure firmware you've have downloaded is renamed as "firmware.zip" before you do all this. I would recomend to perform this last command twice. To reboot your phone into bootloader type: fastboot reboot-bootloader, once your phone reboots then type Fastboot erase cache, perform a full factory restore there and let your phone reboot. After your phone reboots, you should have the latest version installed.

As and advise: be carefull with all this!
25th August 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #7  
Account currently disabled
Flag nassau
Thanks Meter: 666

3,194 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

I flash any recovery to get dev ota and they all work
25th August 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 767

1,745 posts
More
Or even simpler, as I did, apply the OTA through stock recovery.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
m8 update ota
Previous Thread Next Thread