Dev edition version-main missing

1st September 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Sorry if this may be a stupid question but all this new terminology is confusing since I just came from a Galaxy S2.

So I just got my dev edition (comes with unlocked bootloader) htc one m8. I managed to root it fairly quickly by flashing TWRP. I then noticed there was another OTA update (I already updated once) for upgrading from 4.2 to 4.3. So I thought that I should flash it and learned that I needed to go back to stock recovery. I had made an adb back up using the command (adb backup -apk -all -f backup.ab).

I didn't back up my stock recovery and tried to find one for my phone. I came across a thread here that had recovery images and it said to check the main-verison of my phone but it came up blank. What can I do to go back to being unrooted so I can update the stock rom? At this point in time I'm not interested in getting a custom rom and wish to stay on stock for a little while.

I can see software number in settings > about. It's 1540 can I just use that to get the stock recovery?
Last edited by zms123; 1st September 2014 at 06:50 PM.
1st September 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 85

326 posts
More
Another day same question/problem.

A little bit more searching and reading here, would have brought up the solution to both of your questions.

The missing version-main is a damn well known Bug of some TWRP versions. By flashing those versions the version-main entry is deleted. Glad that I took a note of it before I flashed TWRP myself.

Second if you were stock all the time and still are you're good to go with a stock recovery corresponding to the version number in settings > about phone > software information > software number.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HTCNerdYoda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st September 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Thanks
Last edited by zms123; 1st September 2014 at 07:41 PM.
1st September 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #4  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 85

326 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zms123

Thanks

You're welcome

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread