No registration required

Cloud Search [Q] No sound from earpiece speaker

OP bananacommando

2nd July 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hi guys,

My girlfriend bought a One M8 about 2 months ago and has had problems with it from about 2 weeks in.

Basically after buying the phone new, after about a week of use, the Earpiece speaker completely stopped producing sound - during calls and in general, for example when playing music, YouTube, etc. To check whether it was a hardware fault, I performed a factory reset which cured the problem.

A few days later the problem reoccurred. This time we took the phone back to the point of purchase, explained all this. I pushed for a full replacement explaining that a factory reset solves the problem but it reoccurs, but obviously the just gave me back the same phone.

Phone worked for about 2 weeks, then same thing. Tried another factory reset this time not restoring in any way (just to try as I know the Notification light not working could be due to this), same thing after a week.

Does anyone have any ideas? This is totally infuriating and I can't make any sense of it. Obviously its not the hardware, but can't understand what is going on hear. If anyone can shed some light it would be much appreciated.
3rd July 2014, 08:35 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Any ideas anyone?
1st August 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #3  
Flag Canberra
Thanks Meter: 22

184 posts
More
I have purchased a HTC One M8 Dual Sim a week ago and have just experienced the same problem (I think as I have not tried to do a factory reset at the moment.

Did you get any further with this issue?
3rd August 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #4  
Flag Canberra
Thanks Meter: 22

184 posts
More
Mine is not the same as I did a factory reset and the problem still persists.

Guess I will have to look at replacing the speaker. 😭

Sent from my HTC One_M8 dual sim using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread