Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 42,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Firewater S-off wont work?

Tip us?

Rye Cribby Tree
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Firewater S-off wont work?

I got my One M8 yesterday from an upgrade and rooted it, after I had rooted it I tried to S-Off with the Firewater exploit. However when I tried I get this error.

********** whelp, this sucks, firewater can not work on your device **********
********** no amount of reflashing, retrying, or ruuing will fix... **********
********** DO NOT COME TO IRC ASKING FOR UPDATES OR ETAS!!!!!! **********
********** if we are able to fix this issue, it will be announced **********
********** bye bye.....sorry it didn't work out. **********

Is there any other option to try or do I have to wait for a new exploit?

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye Cribby Tree View Post
I got my One M8 yesterday from an upgrade and rooted it, after I had rooted it I tried to S-Off with the Firewater exploit. However when I tried I get this error.

********** whelp, this sucks, firewater can not work on your device **********
********** no amount of reflashing, retrying, or ruuing will fix... **********
********** DO NOT COME TO IRC ASKING FOR UPDATES OR ETAS!!!!!! **********
********** if we are able to fix this issue, it will be announced **********
********** bye bye.....sorry it didn't work out. **********

Is there any other option to try or do I have to wait for a new exploit?
The only other alternative for S-OFF is Sunshine.

[Android][HTC S-OFF] SunShine for modern HTC devices

It's created by the same developers as Firewater but it seems to do the job. The catch however is, it's $25 through an in app payment method. Of course the program itself first checks your device for compatibility BEFORE you pay for anything, that way you won't end up paying for something that "might" not work. Might want to give it a shot and see, so far the people tend to view it as $25 well spent.

Rye Cribby Tree
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14 View Post
The only other alternative for S-OFF is Sunshine.

[Android][HTC S-OFF] SunShine for modern HTC devices

It's created by the same developers as Firewater but it seems to do the job. The catch however is, it's $25 through an in app payment method. Of course the program itself first checks your device for compatibility BEFORE you pay for anything, that way you won't end up paying for something that "might" not work. Might want to give it a shot and see, so far the people tend to view it as $25 well spent.
That is unfortunate. I would really like to support these guys but money is tight, ya know. Guess I have to wait.

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye Cribby Tree View Post
That is unfortunate. I would really like to support these guys but money is tight, ya know. Guess I have to wait.
Well, at least you don't need S-OFF to flash ROMs so you could probably still flash Viper or ARHD or another and have some fun with custom ROMs if you want or just wait out until you're ready to go. At least the phone is still pretty fun in it's stock state should hold for a while
The Following User Says Thank You to BerndM14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bhavesh Mistry
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Firewater S-Off doesn't seems to work for Me too...

I am getting error as screenshot attached ... tried many a times but not getting success of getting through, please help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-07-06 00.39.00.png
Views:	212
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	2834592  

an0ther
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Sunshine works with all m8's. Waiting because you are tight on money could make you miss your chance.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ILowry282
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhavesh Mistry View Post
I am getting error as screenshot attached ... tried many a times but not getting success of getting through, please help!
I got this same message. After meticulous research, I found that there is absolutely nothing that could be done. I decided to fork over the $25 for Sunshine and it worked like a charm. There are no codes or cables or anything. It's an app on the phone and it takes about 5 min. Well worth the money as I was able to convert my M8 to a Google Play Edition.

Bhavesh Mistry
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILowry282 View Post
I got this same message. After meticulous research, I found that there is absolutely nothing that could be done. I decided to fork over the $25 for Sunshine and it worked like a charm. There are no codes or cables or anything. It's an app on the phone and it takes about 5 min. Well worth the money as I was able to convert my M8 to a Google Play Edition.
Ok. Might give a try someday ... But first would research more further on other ways out coz shelling $25 for an app would be too much for now . Anyways thanks for the suggestion, sooner or later it will of help.

ashyx
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhavesh Mistry View Post
Ok. Might give a try someday ... But first would research more further on other ways out coz shelling $25 for an app would be too much for now . Anyways thanks for the suggestion, sooner or later it will of help.
You're not paying $25 for an app, you are paying a relatively small amount to the developers for the huge amount of work involved in achieving this. Development takes lots of painstaking hours, weeks, months to achieve something workable like this.
I know I have developed for Samsung devices and trust me $25 is perfectly acceptable if you want the developers to maintain an interest.
Tbh the choice is yours, either nobody bothers and there is no development and no S-OFF at all , so nothing for you to pay anyway or encourage the developers and say thanks by remunerating the developers for all their hard work.
Either way the choice is there, S-OFF for a small price or no S-OFF at all.

diceman725
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx View Post
You're not paying $25 for an app, you are paying a relatively small amount to the developers for the huge amount of work involved in achieving this. Development takes lots of painstaking hours, weeks, months to achieve something workable like this.
I know I have developed for Samsung devices and trust me $25 is perfectly acceptable if you want the developers to maintain an interest.
Tbh the choice is yours, either nobody bothers and there is no development and no S-OFF at all , so nothing for you to pay anyway or encourage the developers and say thanks by remunerating the developers for all their hard work.
Either way the choice is there, S-OFF for a small price or no S-OFF at all.
Just curious... What is it about firewater no longer working? I read something about the most recent OTA killing it. Is it firmware/ROM related?