5,814,797 Members 52,254 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Installing sense APK on a custom rom.

Tip us?

Rye Cribby Tree
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Installing sense APK on a custom rom.

I want the default camera from sense 6.0 on cyanogen, but when I try to install the APK the camera app crashes on launch. I put it in the /system/app along with its odex but it still isn't working. Anyone care to shed some light on what I can do differently? I've attached a picture of the error and a root explorer screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-07-21-10-46.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	2839225   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-07-21-15-52.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	2839226  

wtfsykhang
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye Cribby Tree View Post
I want the default camera from sense 6.0 on cyanogen, but when I try to install the APK the camera app crashes on launch. I put it in the /system/app along with its odex but it still isn't working. Anyone care to shed some light on what I can do differently? I've attached a picture of the error and a root explorer screen.
I don't think you can get sense camera to work for cyanogenmod. You need the framework from sense 6 for the camera to work

rbouza1
Old
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye Cribby Tree View Post
answer is you cant, i cant tell you technically why but its been asked since april