Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 47,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked HTC One M8 & Want to unroot to make it stock

Tip us?

rmustafa11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bricked HTC One M8 & Want to unroot to make it stock

So I bricked my phone. It just stays on the white htc page and doesn't move. It's the tmobile htc one m8. I just purchased it from someone today and he had the sinless rom on it. How do I unblock this phone and how do I restore it to stock sense 6 for tmobile. Please help ASAP! I have no phone to use!

an0ther
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmustafa11 View Post
So I bricked my phone. It just stays on the white htc page and doesn't move. It's the tmobile htc one m8. I just purchased it from someone today and he had the sinless rom on it. How do I unblock this phone and how do I restore it to stock sense 6 for tmobile. Please help ASAP! I have no phone to use!
Unplug phone. Power on. Hold vol up and power for exactly 10 sec. Let go of both. Hold vol down and power to enter bootloader. Usually about 3 seconds. Then look for guide on stock backups.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to an0ther For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rmustafa11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther View Post
Unplug phone. Power on. Hold vol up and power for exactly 10 sec. Let go of both. Hold vol down and power to enter bootloader. Usually about 3 seconds. Then look for guide on stock backups.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I can't get out of the htc screen. Nothing is working.

rmustafa11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I can't get out of the htc screen. Nothing is working.
I lied. I didn't brick my phone but it's just stuck on the white htc screen. What do I do and how do I get my phone to work again.

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
I lied. I didn't brick my phone but it's just stuck on the white htc screen. What do I do and how do I get my phone to work again.
Like he said, Press and hold Volume UP + Power Button for exactly 10 seconds and then press and hold Volume DOWN + Power button to enter into bootloader. From there you can either reflash a ROM or go back to stock.

If it's frozen there then you can only press and hold Volume UP + Power button (But not the whole time, just for 10 seconds) it "simulates" a battery pull on the device and will reboot. Make sure device is not connected to PC though.

pixelsquish
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
hold the power button down and the volume up button at the same time for like 10 seconds or until the phone starts to reboot. as soon as the screen goes black switch to holding the volume down button.

you should get into recovery like that. if so you can fix yer phone. try it and report back.

rmustafa11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14 View Post
Like he said, Press and hold Volume UP + Power Button for exactly 10 seconds and then press and hold Volume DOWN + Power button to enter into bootloader. From there you can either reflash a ROM or go back to stock.

If it's frozen there then you can only press and hold Volume UP + Power button (But not the whole time, just for 10 seconds) it "simulates" a battery pull on the device and will reboot. Make sure device is not connected to PC though.
How do I go back to stock? I wiped my whole phone so there is no rom on it I am assuming because it just stays at the white htc screen if I reboot it.

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
How do I go back to stock? I wiped my whole phone so there is no rom on it I am assuming because it just stays at the white htc screen if I reboot it.
Well, which T-Mobile variant do you have? Do you know what the original software version on your device was? It'll make things easier...

Out of curiousity though, how did you wipe your entire phone if you're stuck at the boot screen?

rmustafa11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14 View Post
Well, which T-Mobile variant do you have? Do you know what the original software version on your device was? It'll make things easier...

Out of curiousity though, how did you wipe your entire phone if you're stuck at the boot screen?
I am a noob lol.... I just know it's from tmobile and not google play edition. I believe I have 4.4.2? I wiped everything before I was stuck at the boot loader screen. I just want to be able to use my phone again with it being how it came right out the box. I need like step by step instructions lol

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
I am a noob lol.... I just know it's from tmobile and not google play edition. I believe I have 4.4.2? I wiped everything before I was stuck at the boot loader screen. I just want to be able to use my phone again with it being how it came right out the box. I need like step by step instructions lol
Ok, where are you from then? Did you buy it from T-Mobile somewhere in the USA, T-Mobile Germany... T-Mobile Poland? T-Mobile Planet Jupiter?

Each of them have a different version number for the carrier/region x.xx.531.x , x.xx.111.x x.xx.118.x etc

If we can know that much we can look into finding the right stock version you require.

That aside, did you manage to get the device back into bootloader yet?