Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,547 Members 43,561 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can I flash bootanimation.zip on Android Revolution?

Tip us?

Jamal Ahmed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 954
Default Can I flash bootanimation.zip on Android Revolution?

I'm very new to M8 forum, and apart from coming to XDA for mods, or questions, I'm not particularly active. I want to know if I can flash bootanimation zip files on my M8 running Android Revolution?
There was something on his thread about special users and stuff, but I could not understand it sorry.

I understand I'm what you would say "not" an advanced user. Can I still flash bootanimation zips?

Also, do advanced users of his ROM get a different ROM from him with extra features?

Kindly answer these (2) questions. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Very much new to making music. Kindly give my music a listen here: First Set Of Demos. Just give it a listen, it would be an excellent support just seeing someone is listening to my music!
Technology is advancing in such a way that Thanks is now said via The Thanks button. Press it instead of saying Thanks
My Google+ : My Twitter : My Instagram

an0ther
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal Ahmed View Post
I'm very new to M8 forum, and apart from coming to XDA for mods, or questions, I'm not particularly active. I want to know if I can flash bootanimation zip files on my M8 running Android Revolution?
There was something on his thread about special users and stuff, but I could not understand it sorry.

I understand I'm what you would say "not" an advanced user. Can I still flash bootanimation zips?

Also, do advanced users of his ROM get a different ROM from him with extra features?

Kindly answer these (2) questions. Thanks

You can flash boot animations to any rom, but make sure you know what you are doing. 50% of boot loops come from people not knowing what they are doing flashing boot animations. Obiviously know how to get out of a boot loop first and backup first.

He lets them beta test his roms as far as I know. I don't know this for a fact though.
The Following User Says Thank You to an0ther For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jamal Ahmed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther View Post
You can flash boot animations to any rom, but make sure you know what you are doing. 50% of boot loops come from people not knowing what they are doing flashing boot animations. Obiviously know how to get out of a boot loop first and backup first.

He lets them beta test his roms as far as I know. I don't know this for a fact though.
Thanks for the prompt response!

Its clear to me now. Thank you for your time

Very much new to making music. Kindly give my music a listen here: First Set Of Demos. Just give it a listen, it would be an excellent support just seeing someone is listening to my music!
Technology is advancing in such a way that Thanks is now said via The Thanks button. Press it instead of saying Thanks
My Google+ : My Twitter : My Instagram