Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Can I flash bootanimation.zip on Android Revolution?

OP Jamal Ahmed

9th July 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rawalpindi
Thanks Meter: 977

931 posts
More
I'm very new to M8 forum, and apart from coming to XDA for mods, or questions, I'm not particularly active. I want to know if I can flash bootanimation zip files on my M8 running Android Revolution?
There was something on his thread about special users and stuff, but I could not understand it sorry.

I understand I'm what you would say "not" an advanced user. Can I still flash bootanimation zips?

Also, do advanced users of his ROM get a different ROM from him with extra features?

Kindly answer these (2) questions. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th July 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 217

594 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal Ahmed

I'm very new to M8 forum, and apart from coming to XDA for mods, or questions, I'm not particularly active. I want to know if I can flash bootanimation zip files on my M8 running Android Revolution?
There was something on his thread about special users and stuff, but I could not understand it sorry.

I understand I'm what you would say "not" an advanced user. Can I still flash bootanimation zips?

Also, do advanced users of his ROM get a different ROM from him with extra features?

Kindly answer these (2) questions. Thanks

You can flash boot animations to any rom, but make sure you know what you are doing. 50% of boot loops come from people not knowing what they are doing flashing boot animations. Obiviously know how to get out of a boot loop first and backup first.

He lets them beta test his roms as far as I know. I don't know this for a fact though.
The Following User Says Thank You to an0ther For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rawalpindi
Thanks Meter: 977

931 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther

You can flash boot animations to any rom, but make sure you know what you are doing. 50% of boot loops come from people not knowing what they are doing flashing boot animations. Obiviously know how to get out of a boot loop first and backup first.

He lets them beta test his roms as far as I know. I don't know this for a fact though.

Thanks for the prompt response!

Its clear to me now. Thank you for your time

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread