Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can't Flash Sense ROMs After Flashing AOSP

OP grimlockd

28th August 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1

61 posts
More
So I switched to AOSP ROMs and now I wanted to go back to a Sense ROM but every time I flash one it boot loops. I've tried wiping the memory before and after flashing but the ROM won't stay stable. I've tried ARHD as well as Sinless. Even GPE ROMs aren't stable anymore. Is there something I'm missing? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
28th August 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,357

7,739 posts
Try to adb erase cache, than install recovery again. Or try a different recovery (in particular TWRP seem to cause some ROM flashing issues for some folks, so try CWM).

And its a bootloop (phone restarts over and over) and not just frozen on the splash screen, right? Because with any 2.2x based ROM (including current ARHD) long boot time (like 5-10 minutes) is a common issue if you haven't updated firmware.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Chicago

61 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Try to adb erase cache, than install recovery again. Or try a different recovery (in particular TWRP seem to cause some ROM flashing issues for some folks, so try CWM).

And its a bootloop (phone restarts over and over) and not just frozen on the splash screen, right? Because with any 2.2x based ROM (including current ARHD) long boot time (like 5-10 minutes) is a common issue if you haven't updated firmware.

ARHD did the strangest thing. Right after flashing the ROM, the screen dimmed and went black and did nothing. I thought that it froze or something, so I rebooted the phone by holding power and up. The ROM never booted, so I tried Sinless Sense ROM. It did boot but the boot loops happened. My phone isn't S-Off if that helps. Also, when I boot into the bootloader, it says "RADIO-INVALID_VER_INFO" and "OpenDSP-INVALID_VER_INFO" To correect that I tried flashing a T-Moblie radio, but that didn't work. I'm not sure if the problems are related.

I will try the steps you reccommend when I get off work.
28th August 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,357

7,739 posts
No radio info in hboot is a known issue (reported by others). But I don't think in itself, its anything to worry about.
28th August 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 432

1,524 posts
If you haven't updated your firmware to 2.22 you should do that. Or dig up the latest ROM version for your firmware.
28th August 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Chicago

61 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

No radio info in hboot is a known issue (reported by others). But I don't think in itself, its anything to worry about.

I got it to work somhow lol. I just flashed ARHD again and this time just let it sit for a while. The ROM booted up with no problem and is stable. I will still erase the cache and try CWM recovery. Thanks a lot for your support! Next stop is S-OFF!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread