FORUMS

keeps freezing once in a while

178 posts
Thanks Meter: 28

By jhun80, Senior Member on 16th July 2014, 08:49 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Screen turns blank, then earlier the phone was charging and the charging indicator or the light notification wont go off even though its unplugged already. I have to hard reset by holding power button and volume up key for 10secs. Its been happening for a couple of weeks now. I did some factory reset and hope it doesnt do it again. Anybody experience same situation?

Does rooting solves the problem? Mine is locked to tmo.

16th July 2014, 07:21 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,980

More
Is there an RUU for your variant? If so, I'd try that. RUU is a complete software image. So if its a software issue, RUU will hopefully fix it. Factory reset would only make a difference if some setting or 3rd party app caused the issue; since all factory reset does is wipe user data (/data partition).

Rooting in itself won't solve the issue. It hard to say whether this is hardware or software related, so therefore also hard to tell if a different ROM or other mod will help. I'd be hesitant to recommend rooting to try to fix an issue which is quite obviously a manufacturing defect of some sort (whether it be software or hardware). You would be possibly voiding the warranty for something that is most likely a warranty issue.

If you factory reset, and RUU (if that is available) and the issue persists, I'd seek warranty service. In that case, it might be a hardware issue.
17th July 2014, 02:03 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Is there an RUU for your variant? If so, I'd try that. RUU is a complete software image. So if its a software issue, RUU will hopefully fix it. Factory reset would only make a difference if some setting or 3rd party app caused the issue; since all factory reset does is wipe user data (/data partition).

Rooting in itself won't solve the issue. It hard to say whether this is hardware or software related, so therefore also hard to tell if a different ROM or other mod will help. I'd be hesitant to recommend rooting to try to fix an issue which is quite obviously a manufacturing defect of some sort (whether it be software or hardware). You would be possibly voiding the warranty for something that is most likely a warranty issue.

If you factory reset, and RUU (if that is available) and the issue persists, I'd seek warranty service. In that case, it might be a hardware issue.

Its' all in stock and from tmobile's latest OTA update.
How does the warranty works? Do I have to send to htc itself?
Thank you
17th July 2014, 02:22 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,980

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhun80

Its' all in stock and from tmobile's latest OTA update.
How does the warranty works? Do I have to send to htc itself?
Thank you

Didn't personally know, as I'm not on T-Mobile. But it took me 2 seconds of Googling to find this:
http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-2624
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread