Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 48,040 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Ghost touches on Play store

Tip us?

benj!
Old
(Last edited by benj!; 17th August 2014 at 08:56 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] Ghost touches on Play store

I picked up a new M8 on Three a few days ago and have been seeing a lot of ghost touches when using the Play store - particularly the 'my apps' page.

It will basically just follow links on it's own, and occasionally go back to the home screen, even showing the home button glow. Haven't noticed this on any other app, and doesn't happen all the time, but it's quite strange.

Have tried a factory reset but still happening.

Anyone have this issue too? Worth returning to store or simply flashing a stock Rom? Do I need an exorcist?

Vi553r
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hi,
You're not the only one having this issue.
I can confirm this strange fenomenen.

Like you said... Sometimes play store app does some ghost touching randomly opening apps in the my apps page.

As strange as it seems, but it disappears for a while and play store reacts normal.
Had it on stock rom and custom rom.
Most of the time the play store reacts fine and I was thinking for a while that it could be the way I was holding the m8 in my hand. As the screen edges left and right are very close on the edge and sometimes my thumb touches the screen I thought maybe that triggered it.
I have no solid solution for you, other than recognize you're issue and that it will go away for a while.
I'm currently on a 4.4.3 based rom with updated firmware 2.22.x.x and still haven't any ghost touched play store yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vi553r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

benj!
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
That's cool, cheers - as long as I'm not the only one! It's not such a problem, just a bit strange!

HtcOneJon
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Is it when you have a charger plugged in?
The Following User Says Thank You to HtcOneJon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

exocetdj
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,048

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtcOneJon View Post
Is it when you have a charger plugged in?
I have has this issue when using a third party charger or old HTC charger (from m7)

This is a known issue as the m8 is very sensitive to different chargers and for some reason this can send the screen crazy

benj!
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Nope, only seen it when it's not been plugged in.

Vi553r
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by benj! View Post
Nope, only seen it when it's not been plugged in.
Yup, here too.
Every time playstore goes crazy I did not had any powersource plugged in.

benj!
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
For the record, having unlocked and installed Android Revolution, this has magically stopped happening. Must have been a bug with the particular firmware version I was running before.

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more