Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Harman/Kardon Edition on T-Mobile

Tip us?

andybfmv96
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default Harman/Kardon Edition on T-Mobile

If I get a Harman kardon edition of the HTC One m8, would I be able to use it on T-Mobile? And more importantly, if I flash a ROM like ViperOne, could I use WiFi calling?

G1_enthusiast
Old
Thanks Meter 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybfmv96 View Post
If I get a Harman kardon edition of the HTC One m8, would I be able to use it on T-Mobile? And more importantly, if I flash a ROM like ViperOne, could I use WiFi calling?
are you talking about the sprint HTC one M8 or flashing the HK onto your phone?

in any case, the answer is yes for both

and Viper one does have wifi calling.
Phone
HTC Touch pro II ---> Tmobile G1 ---> HTC HD2 ---> Tmobile G2 --> Samsung galaxy S II --> Samsung galaxy S3--> Sony Xperia "Zed"--->HTC one M7(Thank God, dont ever own a Sony)--->LG G2--->HTC one M8

Tablet

Tmobile Slate -----------> Blackberry playbook --------> Samsung galaxy Tab 10.1 ---------->Nexus 7 ---------------->Nexus 7 Second Gen ---------> Dell Venue 8 Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to G1_enthusiast For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andybfmv96
Old
(Last edited by andybfmv96; 25th August 2014 at 03:21 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1_enthusiast View Post
are you talking about the sprint HTC one M8 or flashing the HK onto your phone?

in any case, the answer is yes for both

and Viper one does have wifi calling.
No. Taking about flashing ViperOne to the Harman kardon edition. And also wondering if I could s-off and flash the T-Mobile ruu

That does answer my first question though. Thank you

And will a stock HK edition work on T-Mobile?

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,986
HK Edition is Sprint, which is a CDMA carrier, and the M8 Sprint version is CDMA/GSM. While all hardware is the same for the GSM versions of the M8, the CDMA version actually is different hardware. You do not want to be using the HK version on T-Mobile. Its very likely you will not be able to add the proper network support, as I'm guessing the radios for the CDMA version will not include T-Mob's AWS LTE and 3G bands. Aside from the color and headphones, the "HK" features are in software, which can be applied to any M8.

You are basically better off with any version of the M8 besides Sprint/Verizon. But to guarantee the proper network support, just buy the T-Mobile version.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybfmv96 View Post
And also wondering if I could s-off and flash the T-Mobile ruu
Absolutely not. As mentioned the T-Mob and Sprint versions are different hardware. Software is not compatible, and folks have bricked their phones trying to put GSM software on the CDMA M8.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)

andybfmv96
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73 View Post
HK Edition is Sprint, which is a CDMA carrier, and the M8 Sprint version is CDMA/GSM. While all hardware is the same for the GSM versions of the M8, the CDMA version actually is different hardware. You do not want to be using the HK version on T-Mobile. Its very likely you will not be able to add the proper network support, as I'm guessing the radios for the CDMA version will not include T-Mob's AWS LTE and 3G bands. Aside from the color and headphones, the "HK" features are in software, which can be applied to any M8.

You are basically better off with any version of the M8 besides Sprint/Verizon. But to guarantee the proper network support, just buy the T-Mobile version.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Absolutely not. As mentioned the T-Mob and Sprint versions are different hardware. Software is not compatible, and folks have bricked their phones trying to put GSM software on the CDMA M8.
Yeah just grabbed a T-Mobile version yesterday. Hk working