Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,797 Members 51,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC m8 usb OTG Problem

Tip us?

tomqman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default HTC m8 usb OTG Problem

has anyone managed to get usb otg working, mine just flashes up saying storage removed and never mounts and i have also tried my meenova and get the same. Elemental kernel added ps3 controller support, dont know if there are any kernels that fix the mount problems. or if anyone else has it working. i have tried it on google play, viper rom and stock. with no luck

PHONE:HTC ONE (M8) 16GB + 64GB SD
ROM:ViperOneM8
Tablets:Asus EEEpad-->Htc Flyer--->Nexus 7--->Note 10.1--->Asus FonePad ---> Ipad Air ----->Xperia Tablet Z2 32GB

dmn228
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Any solution yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomqman View Post
has anyone managed to get usb otg working, mine just flashes up saying storage removed and never mounts and i have also tried my meenova and get the same. Elemental kernel added ps3 controller support, dont know if there are any kernels that fix the mount problems. or if anyone else has it working. i have tried it on google play, viper rom and stock. with no luck
I am having this same problem, but only after I unlocked the boot loader and rooted my M8. I can get the phone to at least recognize one of my USB thumb drives, but it's a 32gb capacity and the phone sees it as less than 200mb. Any help would be most appreciated!

K-a-M-u-Z-u
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Try to connect first the thumb drive to the otg adapter, and only then connect it to the phone.
It should be mounted to storage/usb.
I use es explorer.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
MAIN: HTC ONE M8 , 4.4.3 Stock, S-OFF, ROOT
BACKUP: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100, NeatRom LITE, Philz Kernel

tomqman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-a-M-u-Z-u View Post
Try to connect first the thumb drive to the otg adapter, and only then connect it to the phone.
It should be mounted to storage/usb.
I use es explorer.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
mine works now not sure if its because the kernel i was using used usb fastcharge

PHONE:HTC ONE (M8) 16GB + 64GB SD
ROM:ViperOneM8
Tablets:Asus EEEpad-->Htc Flyer--->Nexus 7--->Note 10.1--->Asus FonePad ---> Ipad Air ----->Xperia Tablet Z2 32GB

spunxs60
Old
(Last edited by spunxs60; 21st August 2014 at 04:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I have too problems with my usb otg. When i connect a device the phone switch 2 host mode but the usb device can't mount. IT seems my m8 can not supply power through the usb Port. Has anyone the same Problem? On my m7 works everything great.

I'm using Android Revolution HD 10.2
tested with elementalx 1.02 Kernel same Issue..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app