HTC m8 usb OTG Problem

OP tomqman

16th May 2014, 09:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ryde
Thanks Meter: 36

230 posts
More
has anyone managed to get usb otg working, mine just flashes up saying storage removed and never mounts and i have also tried my meenova and get the same. Elemental kernel added ps3 controller support, dont know if there are any kernels that fix the mount problems. or if anyone else has it working. i have tried it on google play, viper rom and stock. with no luck
16th June 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Any solution yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomqman

has anyone managed to get usb otg working, mine just flashes up saying storage removed and never mounts and i have also tried my meenova and get the same. Elemental kernel added ps3 controller support, dont know if there are any kernels that fix the mount problems. or if anyone else has it working. i have tried it on google play, viper rom and stock. with no luck

I am having this same problem, but only after I unlocked the boot loader and rooted my M8. I can get the phone to at least recognize one of my USB thumb drives, but it's a 32gb capacity and the phone sees it as less than 200mb. Any help would be most appreciated!
16th June 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 128

260 posts
Try to connect first the thumb drive to the otg adapter, and only then connect it to the phone.
It should be mounted to storage/usb.
I use es explorer.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
17th June 2014, 06:50 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ryde
Thanks Meter: 36

230 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-a-M-u-Z-u

Try to connect first the thumb drive to the otg adapter, and only then connect it to the phone.
It should be mounted to storage/usb.
I use es explorer.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

mine works now not sure if its because the kernel i was using used usb fastcharge
21st August 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I have too problems with my usb otg. When i connect a device the phone switch 2 host mode but the usb device can't mount. IT seems my m8 can not supply power through the usb Port. Has anyone the same Problem? On my m7 works everything great.

I'm using Android Revolution HD 10.2
tested with elementalx 1.02 Kernel same Issue..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by spunxs60; 21st August 2014 at 04:28 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread