[Help] Need Help [Please]

5th July 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 104

524 posts
More
I tried to flash a kernel s-on from recovery and now my screen won't turn on. I can hear notifications and even took a call but I can't see anything on the screen. I have a nand backup but I am having trouble accessing bootloader or recovery. I was using Dirty Underground rom I believe so I'm not sure if USB debugging was enabled. I currently only have access to a Mac computer. When I hold down the power button the notification light keeps blinking and the phone stays on, when I hold down power + volume down nothing happens, and when I hold down power + volume up it just reboots briefly showing the splash screen with red text and bringing me back to my black/dark gray screen. If anyone could help me get my phone back to working order I would be extremely grateful. Thanks for reading my post
5th July 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 258

750 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshwarriorsf

I tried to flash a kernel s-on from recovery and now my screen won't turn on. I can hear notifications and even took a call but I can't see anything on the screen. I have a nand backup but I am having trouble accessing bootloader or recovery. I was using Dirty Underground rom I believe so I'm not sure if USB debugging was enabled. I currently only have access to a Mac computer. When I hold down the power button the notification light keeps blinking and the phone stays on, when I hold down power + volume down nothing happens, and when I hold down power + volume up it just reboots briefly showing the splash screen with red text and bringing me back to my black/dark gray screen. If anyone could help me get my phone back to working order I would be extremely grateful. Thanks for reading my post

Hold Volume UP + Power button for 10seconds, device will boot then, then immediately press Volume DOWN + Power Button to enter Fastoot.

Connect phone to PC, open command prompt and change directory to adb folder. Type in fastboot erase cache then fastboot reboot to see if it helps. If it doesn't, repeat process to enter bootloader then go into recovery and reflash.

What Kernel did you try to flash? ElementalX?
The Following User Says Thank You to BerndM14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #3  
Flag Vancity
Thanks Meter: 1,773

1,759 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you have adb access then just plug in your phone and type "adb reboot recovery". Then restore your backup or push a working kernel to your phone to flash.

Sent from my killer M8.
The Following User Says Thank You to djmatt604 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread