Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,221 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help on HTC One M8 GPE

Tip us?
 
Deezy_Le
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default [Q] Need help on HTC One M8 GPE

So I recently got myself an HTC One M8 Google Play Edition.

I tried to root it and unlocked the bootloader with ADB Commands.

Everything worked fine until I tried to install a custom firmware. It kept me in a bootloop and kept going back into TWRP Recovery.

I found out afterwards that my phone was still S ON.

For some reason, I was able to install Skydragon 3.0.1 custom rom for GPE and I finally got the phone working and usable again.

I thought that it was my chance to try and get S OFF with firewater.

Again, I tried doing so with ADB Command and I got the message that my device is patched by HTC, I am out of luck.

So now I'm stuck on Skydragon 3.0.1 rom. Not to say that it's a bad thing. The rom works GREAT!

But I want to revert back into stock rom and restart anew so I can maybe try and get S off from the beginning because SkyDragon has an OTA.

Apparently it's the OTA that is preventing me completely running firewater.

Is there any way to fix this? Can I still get S OFF from where I am or is there a way to go back to factory settings before all the rooting?

I haven't found any other roms that would install on my phone.

Please help!!!!! =(
 
Android The Greek
Old
#2  
Android The Greek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 336
Posts: 1,240
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pottstown
Did you try installing an old 4.4.2 gpe ruu. You should be able to run it with son.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
EddyOS
Old
#3  
EddyOS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2958
Posts: 13,194
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezy_Le View Post
So I recently got myself an HTC One M8 Google Play Edition.

I tried to root it and unlocked the bootloader with ADB Commands.

Everything worked fine until I tried to install a custom firmware. It kept me in a bootloop and kept going back into TWRP Recovery.

I found out afterwards that my phone was still S ON.

For some reason, I was able to install Skydragon 3.0.1 custom rom for GPE and I finally got the phone working and usable again.

I thought that it was my chance to try and get S OFF with firewater.

Again, I tried doing so with ADB Command and I got the message that my device is patched by HTC, I am out of luck.

So now I'm stuck on Skydragon 3.0.1 rom. Not to say that it's a bad thing. The rom works GREAT!

But I want to revert back into stock rom and restart anew so I can maybe try and get S off from the beginning because SkyDragon has an OTA.

Apparently it's the OTA that is preventing me completely running firewater.

Is there any way to fix this? Can I still get S OFF from where I am or is there a way to go back to factory settings before all the rooting?

I haven't found any other roms that would install on my phone.

Please help!!!!! =(
You're gonna have to use Sunshine and pay the $25 to get S-OFF, firewater won't work now it's been patched (the system, NOT the ROM btw)
OnePlus One (Sandstone Black) 64GB
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S (XNPH25R)

HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Grey) 16GB
ROM: 2.22.401.4 (KTU84L) | HBOOT: 3.18.0.0000 S-OFF | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: 1.19.2133147.09G_20.57.4196.01L_F | Kernel: Stock | CID: HTC__001

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock
 
Deezy_Le
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android The Greek View Post
Did you try installing an old 4.4.2 gpe ruu. You should be able to run it with son.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hey bud, sorry for the noob question. Whats son?

I tried running it with adb command

Fastboot flash zip name_of_ruu.zip
And it kept giving me error.
 
EddyOS
Old
#5  
EddyOS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2958
Posts: 13,194
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
S-ON (I'm guessing the forgot the - )
OnePlus One (Sandstone Black) 64GB
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S (XNPH25R)

HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Grey) 16GB
ROM: 2.22.401.4 (KTU84L) | HBOOT: 3.18.0.0000 S-OFF | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: 1.19.2133147.09G_20.57.4196.01L_F | Kernel: Stock | CID: HTC__001

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock
 
Deezy_Le
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
You're gonna have to use Sunshine and pay the $25 to get S-OFF, firewater won't work now it's been patched (the system, NOT the ROM btw)
Is it normal I get an error message that sunshine isnt compatible on my device?
 
EddyOS
Old
#7  
EddyOS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2958
Posts: 13,194
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezy_Le View Post
Is it normal I get an error message that sunshine isnt compatible on my device?
Apparently the ROM has to be as stock as possible for it to work (I didn't have to as I used Firewater a few months ago when I first got my M8)
OnePlus One (Sandstone Black) 64GB
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S (XNPH25R)

HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Grey) 16GB
ROM: 2.22.401.4 (KTU84L) | HBOOT: 3.18.0.0000 S-OFF | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: 1.19.2133147.09G_20.57.4196.01L_F | Kernel: Stock | CID: HTC__001

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock
 
Deezy_Le
Old
(Last edited by Deezy_Le; 1st July 2014 at 09:46 AM.)
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
Apparently the ROM has to be as stock as possible for it to work (I didn't have to as I used Firewater a few months ago when I first got my M8)
It says that I cannot run sunshine because of my kernel/rom combination. I need to flash a sense-based rom.

Problem is, when I read online, I saw that I cannot flash a sense-based rom onto an GPE because of the partition difference or something.

Thus why I wanted to get S-off

I'm on skydragon GPE v3.0.0 with SkyDragon V2.0.1 kernel by the way
 
Android The Greek
Old
#9  
Android The Greek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 336
Posts: 1,240
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pottstown
Did you try a 4.4.2 ruu? It might be in the gpe conversion thread if not I can send you a Drop box link.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Deezy_Le
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android The Greek View Post
Did you try a 4.4.2 ruu? It might be in the gpe conversion thread if not I can send you a Drop box link.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I could find that in the htc dev website right? But if you could still send me the link so I can see if it's the same, it would be appreciated boss.

but I thought since I'm on 4.4.4, I couldn't downgrade?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes