Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,459 Members 37,956 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mainver?

Tip us?

Tower1972
Old
(Last edited by Tower1972; 30th June 2014 at 02:11 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 185
Default Mainver?

OK so I tried using search and this came up..constantly :

An error occurred while performing a Searchlight query:
connection to 10.0.100.17:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)

Anyway, is there a way to find out what my mainver is? When I do the fastboot getvar etc, it shows as blank and I want to flash the modified hboot with no red text, but hes got 2 versions up, both with the same IDs, but the mainvers are different. I did google this, and there was no definitive answer aside from one place saying its really not important :. So are there any adb commands that will reveal this? My information is in my sig..Thanks for the assistance as this is driving me nuts with the complete lack of information I have found

"main version is really a thing to worry about unless you want to go backwards on ruu but if you want to write it back to 1 follow this link" this is what I was referring to. If its not that important unless I want to RUU, does it really matter what version I flash for the no red text as long as my modelid and cidnum match?

Also, I have never updated a firmware package on here since I got the phone. I updated my radios but that was it so its a release day phone as well (got thru AT&T online since the store wasnt carrying them)
AT&T HTC One M8 ex-Harmon Kardon edition!
ARHD 10.2 Android 4.4.3!
Rooted, bootloader unlocked, SuperCID
TWRP 2.7.1.0

Tower1972
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 185
judging by the amount of views, doesnt seem like there is a solution to this issue
ARHD 10.2 Android 4.4.3!
TWRP 2.7.1.0

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower1972 View Post
OK so I tried using search and this came up..constantly :

An error occurred while performing a Searchlight query:
connection to 10.0.100.17:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)

Anyway, is there a way to find out what my mainver is? When I do the fastboot getvar etc, it shows as blank and I want to flash the modified hboot with no red text, but hes got 2 versions up, both with the same IDs, but the mainvers are different. I did google this, and there was no definitive answer aside from one place saying its really not important :. So are there any adb commands that will reveal this? My information is in my sig..Thanks for the assistance as this is driving me nuts with the complete lack of information I have found

"main version is really a thing to worry about unless you want to go backwards on ruu but if you want to write it back to 1 follow this link" this is what I was referring to. If its not that important unless I want to RUU, does it really matter what version I flash for the no red text as long as my modelid and cidnum match?

Also, I have never updated a firmware package on here since I got the phone. I updated my radios but that was it so its a release day phone as well (got thru AT&T online since the store wasnt carrying them)
I'm not sure how to check it if the mainversion is missing from the getvar command but if you say it's an AT&T device that was never updated then the main version on release was 1.12.502.18

COLLECTION of Stock backup's There is a nandroid backup and stock recovery available on that thread, CID CWS__001. Just in case you're wondering or plan to go back to stock and then update etc
The Following User Says Thank You to BerndM14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tower1972
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 185
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I didnt do any firmware updates..Soon as the phone arrived I unlocked the bootloader, installed TWRP, and installed Arhd..that was on the first power up lol, so yeah I didnt mess with it all plain jane stock. I will definately look into your reply more!
ARHD 10.2 Android 4.4.3!
TWRP 2.7.1.0
The Following User Says Thank You to Tower1972 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tower1972
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 185
You were correct sir.. It was the 1.12..i got the red text removed and a custom splash installed.. Thanks again!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
ARHD 10.2 Android 4.4.3!
TWRP 2.7.1.0
The Following User Says Thank You to Tower1972 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]