Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 51,442 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help ... my phone is dead

Tip us?
 
n70shan
Old
#1  
n70shan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Posts: 388
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lahore
Default Help ... my phone is dead

hi all yesterday i unlocked my bootloader and rooted my one m8.. and installed cwm recovery... after that through es file explorer i deleted some bloatware from system/app but on restart it comes again so i came to know that it had system write protection so i downloaded wp.ko module from android development and moved it to i think system/ libs/ modules .... i thought in this i will be able to delete system apps... but when i restarted my phone i cant go to settings folder neither i found camera app....

so now i cant use my mobile .... and also i couldn't enter into fastboot or cwm recovery because in settings options fastboot was tick and now i cant enter settings.... neither i can turn on wifi as well.... all is finished.... please help me how to re flash the whole rom again?? can i do it with computer somehow?????? what are my options??
Current Devices: HTC Desire 816 Grey

If i helped you Please hit Thanks Button.
 
stathis95194
Old
#2  
stathis95194's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 211
Posts: 973
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Nicosia
Quote:
Originally Posted by n70shan View Post
hi all yesterday i unlocked my bootloader and rooted my one m8.. and installed cwm recovery... after that through es file explorer i deleted some bloatware from system/app but on restart it comes again so i came to know that it had system write protection so i downloaded wp.ko module from android development and moved it to i think system/ libs/ modules .... i thought in this i will be able to delete system apps... but when i restarted my phone i cant go to settings folder neither i found camera app....

so now i cant use my mobile .... and also i couldn't enter into fastboot or cwm recovery because in settings options fastboot was tick and now i cant enter settings.... neither i can turn on wifi as well.... all is finished.... please help me how to re flash the whole rom again?? can i do it with computer somehow?????? what are my options??
adb reboot-bootloader
enter recovery
restore nandroid/flash rom
Phone: HTC One (M8) International
ROM: ARHD 10.2
Firmware: 2.22.401.5
Kernel: ElementalX Kernel v1.02

================
Live Soccer Results

================
The Following User Says Thank You to stathis95194 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Heisenberg420
Old
#3  
Heisenberg420's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 401
Posts: 1,440
Join Date: Apr 2011
Reboot phone holding down vol down, that will get you to bootloader. If you have a backup restore that. If not download a stock ROM for your device and flash that.

In the future don't manually delete system apps using a file explorer. Use titanium backup to freeze them, then they can be unfrozen if you needed them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
n70shan
Old
#4  
n70shan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Posts: 388
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lahore
Quote:
Originally Posted by stathis95194 View Post
adb reboot-bootloader
enter recovery
restore nandroid/flash rom
no bro when i enter command it says device not found... i can not enter into bootloader or cwm recovery... all i can do is charge my phone when off or when i press power button it boot up and then as i said i cant go to settings or another thing... just main homescreen
Current Devices: HTC Desire 816 Grey

If i helped you Please hit Thanks Button.
 
stathis95194
Old
#5  
stathis95194's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 211
Posts: 973
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Nicosia
Quote:
Originally Posted by n70shan View Post
no bro when i enter command it says device not found... i can not enter into bootloader or cwm recovery... all i can do is charge my phone when off or when i press power button it boot up and then as i said i cant go to settings or another thing... just main homescreen
So try this.

Turn off phone
keep pressed volume down + Power button

It doesn't enter bootloader?
Phone: HTC One (M8) International
ROM: ARHD 10.2
Firmware: 2.22.401.5
Kernel: ElementalX Kernel v1.02

================
Live Soccer Results

================
The Following User Says Thank You to stathis95194 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
n70shan
Old
#6  
n70shan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Posts: 388
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lahore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg420 View Post
Reboot phone holding down vol down, that will get you to bootloader. If you have a backup restore that. If not download a stock ROM for your device and flash that.

In the future don't manually delete system apps using a file explorer. Use titanium backup to freeze them, then they can be unfrozen if you needed them.
no man as i explained earlier i can not enter bootloader because before all this problem happened , fastboot option was tick in settings and if it is ticked you cant enter bootloader.... rather devices instantly starts
Current Devices: HTC Desire 816 Grey

If i helped you Please hit Thanks Button.
 
n70shan
Old
#7  
n70shan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Posts: 388
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lahore
Quote:
Originally Posted by stathis95194 View Post
So try this.

Turn off phone
keep pressed volume down + Power button

It doesn't enter bootloader?
no man as i explained earlier i can not enter bootloader because before all this problem happened , fastboot option was tick in settings and if it is ticked you cant enter bootloader.... rather device instantly starts
Current Devices: HTC Desire 816 Grey

If i helped you Please hit Thanks Button.
 
stathis95194
Old
#8  
stathis95194's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 211
Posts: 973
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Nicosia
Quote:
Originally Posted by n70shan View Post
no man as i explained earlier i can not enter bootloader because before all this problem happened , fastboot option was tick in settings and if it is ticked you cant enter bootloader.... rather device instantly starts
sorry missed that....ok just tried something else and it definitely works.

Shut down phone.
Turn it on
Hold volume up+power button until it restarts
As soon as you get the black screen for restart release power button and hold volume down.

If your timing is right you will enter bootloader.
Just tried it and it definitely works,
Phone: HTC One (M8) International
ROM: ARHD 10.2
Firmware: 2.22.401.5
Kernel: ElementalX Kernel v1.02

================
Live Soccer Results

================
The Following User Says Thank You to stathis95194 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
n70shan
Old
#9  
n70shan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Posts: 388
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lahore
Quote:
Originally Posted by stathis95194 View Post
sorry missed that....ok just tried something else and it definitely works.

Shut down phone.
Turn it on
Hold volume up+power button until it restarts
As soon as you get the black screen for restart release power button and hold volume down.

If your timing is right you will enter bootloader.
Just tried it and it definitely works,
oh my God ........you are genius man....... i was able to done that in first attempt...... Thank You so much ....... love you
Current Devices: HTC Desire 816 Grey

If i helped you Please hit Thanks Button.
 
Heisenberg420
Old
#10  
Heisenberg420's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 401
Posts: 1,440
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by n70shan View Post
no man as i explained earlier i can not enter bootloader because before all this problem happened , fastboot option was tick in settings and if it is ticked you cant enter bootloader.... rather devices instantly starts
Yeah just turn it off, then hold down power and vol down.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes