15th August 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 84

402 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stathis95194

sorry missed that....ok just tried something else and it definitely works.

Shut down phone.
Turn it on
Hold volume up+power button until it restarts
As soon as you get the black screen for restart release power button and hold volume down.

If your timing is right you will enter bootloader.
Just tried it and it definitely works,

now one more question please ..... can i flash stock RUU file downloaded from htc dev website as i have unlocked bootloader and S- on??? or should i go for any custom rom or any cwm backup one?
15th August 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
try rom toolbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by n70shan

hi all yesterday i unlocked my bootloader and rooted my one m8.. and installed cwm recovery... after that through es file explorer i deleted some bloatware from system/app but on restart it comes again so i came to know that it had system write protection so i downloaded wp.ko module from android development and moved it to i think system/ libs/ modules .... i thought in this i will be able to delete system apps... but when i restarted my phone i cant go to settings folder neither i found camera app....

so now i cant use my mobile .... and also i couldn't enter into fastboot or cwm recovery because in settings options fastboot was tick and now i cant enter settings.... neither i can turn on wifi as well.... all is finished.... please help me how to re flash the whole rom again?? can i do it with computer somehow?????? what are my options??

are you able to install apps?
if you are, try Tom toolbox/ pro.
that'll provide options to boot into recovery or fastboot.
keep us updated
15th August 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #13  
Flag Nicosia
Thanks Meter: 251

1,086 posts
More
Quote:

now one more question please ..... can i flash stock RUU file downloaded from htc dev website as i have unlocked bootloader and S- on??? or should i go for any custom rom or any cwm backup one?

There is no RUUs available from my knowledge except one for Sprint.
If you have a nandroid backup just restore it.

You can try a custom rom or a cwm backup but it needs to match your cid
The Following User Says Thank You to stathis95194 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lahore

402 posts
More
Quote:

There is no RUUs available from my knowledge except one for Sprint.
If you have a nandroid backup just restore it.

You can try a custom rom or a cwm backup but it needs to match your cid

ok i have an idea but let you first advice me.... i m thinking to flash any backup available yes i know it will screw my radio but then i will flash stock recovery and then i will re lock my bootloader and then i will install my related RUU version of phone software which was come preinstalled... i have stock RUU for that downloaded from htc dev. what you say? will it bring my radio's back?
15th August 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #15  
Flag Nicosia

1,086 posts
More
Quote:

ok i have an idea but let you first advice me.... i m thinking to flash any backup available yes i know it will screw my radio but then i will flash stock recovery and then i will re lock my bootloader and then i will install my related RUU version of phone software which was come preinstalled... i have stock RUU for that downloaded from htc dev. what you say? will it bring my radio's back?

Can you point me to where did you download an RUU for M8? As i said i don't think there are any available.

The easiest think to do if you want to go back to stock is to

fastboot getvar all

and download the stock ROM and recovery for your cid
15th August 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lahore

402 posts
More
Quote:

Can you point me to where did you download an RUU for M8? As i said i don't think there are any available.

The easiest think to do if you want to go back to stock is to

fastboot getvar all

and download the stock ROM and recovery for your cid

here http://www.htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads
15th August 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #17  
Flag Nicosia

1,086 posts
More
Quote:

here http://www.htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads

These are not full RUU's. You will probably screw up your phone again with these.

please run this command and post the output hiding the sensitive info like imei, etc

fastboot getvar all
15th August 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lahore

402 posts
More
Quote:

These are not full RUU's. You will probably screw up your phone again with these.

please run this command and post the output hiding the sensitive info like imei, etc

fastboot getvar all

hey bro whats this? i installed cwm backup of another region having different software version and it installed succesfully and my network and wifi and all other things working perfect....... bt when i enter bootloader it is still showing software and radio information of previous software?
15th August 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #19  
Flag Nicosia

1,086 posts
More
Quote:

hey bro whats this? i installed cwm backup of another region having different software version and it installed succesfully and my network and wifi and all other things working perfect....... bt when i enter bootloader it is still showing software and radio information of previous software?

bootloader shows firmware info whereas Settings-About-Software shows info from the ROM

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread