FORUMS

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

HELP: Can't write to internal storage?

2nd July 2014, 05:32 AM |#1  
BrandonPrice31's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 126
 
More
Whenever I try to move a file to internal storage when I connect my phone to laptop, it won't let me transfer. Same thing when trying file explorers on my phone.

ARHD, Elemental Kernel, S-off?
 
 
2nd July 2014, 05:43 AM |#2  
berndblb's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,349
 
More
"Won't let me" means exactly what?
Maybe your firewall is blocking it?
Does your device show up as media device in WinExplorer?
What kind of files and size?
Have you tried Superbeam or Airdroid = transfer over WiFI?
Or even better: set up a shared folder (shared with everyone) on your laptop's C: drive, get File Manager HD or ES Explorer on your phone and transfer files via the network share.
2nd July 2014, 05:48 AM |#3  
BrandonPrice31's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 126
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

"Won't let me" means exactly what?
Maybe your firewall is blocking it?
Does your device show up as media device in WinExplorer?
What kind of files and size?
Have you tried Superbeam or Airdroid = transfer over WiFI?
Or even better: set up a shared folder (shared with everyone) on your laptop's C: drive, get File Manager HD or ES Explorer on your phone and transfer files via the network share.

I cannot write any files to my Viper4Android folder that I'm supposed to be allowed to (put IRS files in there). Computer and ES Explorer won't let me copy to that folder.
2nd July 2014, 05:59 AM |#4  
berndblb's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,349
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonPrice31

I cannot write any files to my Viper4Android folder that I'm supposed to be allowed to (put IRS files in there). Computer and ES Explorer won't let me copy to that folder.

Check the folder's permissions. Long press and details
You sure the folder is not on the system partition which is write protected?
Post it's path
2nd July 2014, 06:00 AM |#5  
BrandonPrice31's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 126
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

Check the folder's permissions. Long press and details
You sure the folder is not on the system partition which is write protected?
Post it's path

Nope - files are supposed to be copied there.

It says readable and writable :S

I can't even delete the folder. This makes no sense!
Last edited by BrandonPrice31; 2nd July 2014 at 06:03 AM.
2nd July 2014, 06:01 AM |#6  
berndblb's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,349
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonPrice31

Nope - files are supposed to be copied there.

It says readable and writable :S

And the path?
2nd July 2014, 06:03 AM |#7  
BrandonPrice31's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 126
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

And the path?

/sdcard/
2nd July 2014, 06:07 AM |#8  
berndblb's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,349
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonPrice31

/sdcard/

Crazy!????
Do you have TWRP? Boot into it and under Advanced choose 'fix permissions'.
2nd July 2014, 06:08 AM |#9  
BrandonPrice31's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 126
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

Crazy!????
Do you have TWRP? Boot into it and under Advanced choose 'fix permissions'.

Tried dirty install, see if that works.

Yes I have TWRP, will try if dirty install of ARHD doesn't work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes