Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 44,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do you guys like your M8?

Tip us?

DroidHam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 150
Default How do you guys like your M8?

So I'm turning in my work phone (S5) as I move to a new job and am buying my own phone for the first time in a LONG time, so I'm trying to keep the price down. I found the M8 for $99 on contract and am thinking I will go with that, just wondering how you guys feel about yours still?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

blestsol
Old
(Last edited by blestsol; 15th July 2014 at 04:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 407
I still love my phone. I paid off contract the first day it was available for Verizon. I'm stock with root. I use xposed for what I do want and the phones still fast as ever. This is the smoothest, snappiest phone I've come into contact with. And what's dope about it is it isn't bogged down with bloat. It feels like a stock android phone. Camera is still okay.. But I'm used to it. I've had people question what android phone this is and be shocked that it's HTC. Most of my friends went to iPhone after the Evo. This is leaps and bounds better. I have a tempered glass screen protector and a slick wraps skin on it just to keep the form factor. I would buy it all over again.

But FYI.. There's a few different screens going around on the M8. My original had more warm colors. This random one I received as a replacement a while ago because something I did has cooler colors and a screen that's way brighter.

Sent from my HTCM8

DroidHam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by blestsol View Post
I still love my phone. I paid off contract the first day it was available for Verizon. I'm stock with root. I use xposed for what I do want and the phones still fast as ever. This is the smoothest, snappiest phone I've come into contact with. And what's dope about it is it isn't bogged down with bloat. It feels like a stock android phone. Camera is still okay.. But I'm used to it. I've had people question what android phone this is and be shocked that it's HTC. Most of my friends went to iPhone after the Evo. This is leaps and bounds better. I have a tempered glass screen protector and a slick wraps skin on it just to keep the form factor. I would buy it all over again.

But FYI.. There's a few different screens going around on the M8. My original had more warm colors. This random one I received as a replacement a while ago because something I did has cooler colors and a screen that's way brighter.

Sent from my HTCM8
thanks man! I look forward to it.

c5satellite2
Old
Thanks Meter 748
Still love it as much as day 1. Definitely my favorite phone all around.

Only complaint:
No RGB notification led, only green/red(would be nice considering it is a top tier phone)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

sco77
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm only on my second day with the phone, I immediately rooted and installed viperoneM8. Since I only have 2 days experience and my last smart phone was an old piece of crap nexus I don't really have anything else to compare it to. My first impressions are that I am very impressed with the sound and with the battery life, my last phone wouldn't even make it to noon with light usage, since this phone is still new I been using it really heavy and playing videos, using gps, playing some newer games and it makes it through the whole day without getting low. Build quality is the best, camera is decent, it is responsive and works well without issues what more can I say about it.

AnimalMotherASF
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had my phone since the 30th of June.
I had an ATT iPhone 5s. I was liking the 5s bus I've always had the iPhone and knew nothing of android. I always thought iPhones were the best and never paid any attention to ugly android phones which were often sold for a new one

Well, I was tired of Apple and ATT. ATT made me upset so I researched the S5 and the M8.
After seeing many people return the s5 I went with the m8. I hope it can last about 3 years minimum like iPhones easily do.

I played Zelda ocarina of time on mine. I also noticed the keyboard does not like my fingers my iPhone keyboard was good. Swift key is amazing but I worry putting to many apps will slow my phone so I am getting used to the stock keyboard.

Camera is nearly as good as my 5s with the hdr. Sound from speaker phone is better on my m8 and its faster.(feels faster).

I had to return my first phone due to a dead part of the touch screen, second phone had a bad.WiFi receiver but was.snappy, 3rd phone works well but it feels slower and the screen seems warmer rather then cooler. My phone also shows glue on the lenses but does not effect camera and is bareley noticeable.

I like the phone. My iPhone is made solid I dropped it constantly with no case it's been good. I hope that htc uses the high quality ic's like Apple.

ou2mame
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I got mine off Amazon for 100 and it was definitely worth it. Speakers are great, it's a good size, and it works. My old phone was a galaxy s3 and it was plenty fast still, but it fell apart. Battery life on the m8 is great too. I'm actually very happy with it.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

GTCC
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I'm only just over a week into owning mine. Quality build and materials but I'm not sure if I will keep it as I moved to windows last year and I prefer the windows os.

The unlock gestures on the htc are not very well thought out compared to Nokia plus I miss having glance screen. I will give it another week or so to see if I'm going to hold onto it.

The phone itself is great but it is more the os that I have a problem with but if you want android then I think the M8 is the best option.

Doughnut
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Had mine for almost a couple of months.

Love it, just a couple little niggles like no multicolour led and the pesky speaker grills get crap stuck in them.

I'd recommend a spidgen case too.

My partner has the S5 it feels like a toy, touchwiz is annoying and I really prefer my M8 in every way.

I was a Samsung S3 user before hand , had the S5 taken the same design (the pebble didn't look and feel so cheap) I would of considered it.

Not a HTC fanboy by any means (I've had quiet a few HTC phones back in the day) but truth be told they were garbage.

The M8 is a different story, HTC truly upped their game.

Sent from my unknown using XDA Free mobile app

myth1001
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Camera was the only thing that almost held me back from getting this phone. However, after reading this, nothing was holding me back anymore from getting it.
It is the best phone I've had so far!

No buyer remorse at all!

HTC One M8
Stock Rom
Samsung SGH-r225m > Nokia 3100 > SE K700i > SE K750 > Nokia N95 > HTC HD2 > HTC Desire > iPhone 4 > Samsung Galaxy S III > HTC One M8